• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    this year we are going to cook it in the ground like the hawians do there pig.i heard it was really good we usally just do it in the oven but this year we gonna change it up. ive also heard that deepfrying the turkey is real good too?

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    Deep frying is amazing. I actually bought an indoor electric turkey fryer from Masterbuilt so I wouldn't have to deal with the outdoor setups.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I'll let you know how the indoor electric turkey fryer works compared to propane. I'll make a post where we can show off our birds. I want to see your Hawaiian turkey on there. (Not sure if I spelled Hawaiian right)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I'm being lazy and eating elsewhere. We were going to do a cajan turkey, but we didn't get much interest in having it at our house (last minute idea) and there is no real reason to make a turkey for the two of us.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Deep frying is amazing. I actually bought an indoor electric turkey fryer from Masterbuilt so I wouldn't have to deal with the outdoor setups.

I just purchased one of these. I'm still going to set it outside since reading that there's still quite a smell from the hot oil that will fill the house and also people reported a film getting on their kitchen cabinets. I also had a friend who lowered a thawed out turkey into his fryer and it flamed up and burned his arms. Most likely he still had some water inside the turkey.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom