• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Did your wench see this post? ;):D

Yeah, but there were no pictures. Teach her to use a gun, sure. But who in their right mind teaches their wimmin folk to read??!!

Edit: For the record, apparently someone taught her behind my back. I'm now a victim of domestic abuse!

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    So, a couple comes up to the counter today while I was working on stuff. The dude is, as so many do, avidly checking out all the guns, with wife in tow. Except, she's not looking tired, bored or irritated. She's also looking at the guns a bit, but looks kind of like she's trying not to. I ask if they'd like to look at something, and he says "Naw, just looking, she won't let me buy any guns," and walks off to look at something else. Just being silly, I tell her I'll sell her a gun to make him jealous. She says "What would I do with a gun?" "Target shoot with it, have some fun with it, and maybe you'll have to face a one in a million situation and be able to save your kids' life with it." She nodded, actually looked interested, so I pointed out that a couple of the pink guns she'd been looking at were on sale. Now, she's really interested, and actually wanted to see the gun. We chatted about it a bit, she asked about recoil and such, then turns to hubby and tells him to check out the cute gun (a S&W 642)... which I could tell she actually liked. No, I don't tend to recommend a snubby as a beginner's gun, but if it's what the person likes and gets them interested, I won't turn them off of it, either. MY wife followed the same path into handgun ownership. Anyway, she tells him to check out the gun, and what does boy genius say? "What are you going to do with that? You'll shoot yourself in the knees." Gun was back in my hand in a matter of seconds. She let her boy check out a couple of guns, and they were gone.

No, I don't think she was going to buy today. But she was interested, and he had a chance to keep her that way. As it is, I hope we haven't permanently lost a new shooter, and I wish him luck getting to buy some new guns without much nagging.

:+1:for you helping the lady even if she was with stupid head!

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Had my wife watching the Magpul Dynamics 'art of the carbine' yesterday :ar15:
    She doesn't care for how heavy the AR and 1100 are, the USP45 has a bit too much recoil, but she shoots the 22/45 and has fun. I'm thinking about buying another 9mm soon (few years ago when we met, I thinned out my collection to just my 12ga, .223 and 45). Then picked up the 22/45 for $100 (its a mark III heavy barrel).

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It's just another example of funtime Darwinism, Joe. The smart ones get Mama involved, and get to make it a lifelong thing, and one more bonding thing. That guy, well.... not so much. I just WISH my wife would take a little more interest. She grew up with two excellent trap shooters, but they never got her involved. Now she could give a hoot. So take the KIDS, too!

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    My wife has nicer guns then me. I get to shoot them whenever I want though and carry them sometimes too. I just don't tell her I'm carrying her's. I figure she's probably going to end up with them all when I'm gone anyway, she might as well know how to use them.

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    Some people just have a way with words. Actually the guy probably has issues and while he wants a gun doesn't want her to have one. He may be insecure. Sad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ...she tells him to check out the gun, and what does boy genius say? "What are you going to do with that? You'll shoot yourself in the knees."

Man...The Douche-bag was strong with that one... :bash:

double-facepalm.jpg

Top Bottom