How To remove Infraction that should of been a WARNING OR JUST BEEN TOLD ABOUT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    I recieved an Infraction for a mistake that a lot more than me have made on INGO. Nothing serious a simple unintended mistake. It has been over 2 years ago and i think it should be removed from my Profile. Who does this and hopefully i don't get another one,cause thats why i got the first. I asked a ??? I wish i was PERFECT and didn't make mistakes,but i also served my country and got married. Who is the Judge that any of these was an infraction. We all interpet words and actions differently. We all know that no matter how clear you think a Rule is Written it's all in how one reads it in text. May not be able to sleep now cause i asked another?? hopefully everyone of our Mods r in a good mood:rolleyes:. Thanks God Bless & Be Safe

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's an infraction....on an internet forum. Don't get me wrong, I love this place as much as the next guy, but it's still the internet. And it happened over two years ago?? I really wouldn't be that concerned about it honestly. Obviously you're not banned because you're posting. I guess I fail to see what the problem is :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I recieved an Infraction for a mistake that a lot more than me have made on INGO. Nothing serious a simple unintended mistake. It has been over 2 years ago and i think it should be removed from my Profile. Who does this and hopefully i don't get another one,cause thats why i got the first. I asked a ??? I wish i was PERFECT and didn't make mistakes,but i also served my country and got married. Who is the Judge that any of these was an infraction. We all interpet words and actions differently. We all know that no matter how clear you think a Rule is Written it's all in how one reads it in text. May not be able to sleep now cause i asked another?? hopefully everyone of our Mods r in a good mood:rolleyes:. Thanks God Bless & Be Safe
    signs138.gif
    hide.gif

Either wear it with pride or click the little arrow next to it and you won't have to look at it anymore. It's really not a big deal. You don't have to include it on resumes or anything.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I heard that if you get an infraction on INGO, that you can't get one of those concealed carry badges to flash at the LEO's when you open carry your handgun. If you have a concealed carry permit and the badge that comes in the neato flip case, it proves you are really a cool dude, and I heard an INGO infraction can prevent you from getting one of these badges. A guy told me this at the Wal-Mart ammunition counter while I was buying 10,000 rounds of .22 LR that had just come in off the truck. I gave him and extra hundered dollars for letting me know about the ammo, which wasn't really over-priced but I will be a be to flip it for 4-5 times retail. But I did it because he's my friend and everyone know that Wal-mart employees don't get paid well and get no benefits. He also told me that the Lifetime concealed carry permit is going away later this fall and you'd better hurry to get one before the BMV stops issuing them. Its all part of the national ID system he told me. But who cares about a lifetime permit anyway if you can't get the badge, so please don;t get an INGO infraction! Or if you do, can Guy Relford get it expunged from your Record?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Wear it with pride. I have two. One for posting how good a show a band performance would be on a free ticket post in the classified's. I did not understand free was still classifieds adds

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Freddie, I was going to infract you for putting this in the wrong section, but I didn't and just moved it. :laugh: Seriously, I would suggest you send a PM to Fenway or any of the mods and we will consider it. If it's two years old, I doubt it will be removed, but you can give it a try. It's nothing that will hinder your credit report and nobody even sees it. If you want to move forward with your request, just send me a PM and I'll see what Fenway and the other mods think.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I don't think they ever go away but eventually the term EXPIRED included for the infraction. Also I think you and the MODs are the only people that can see your infractions. I clicked on your profile and I don't see them.

I have 3 of them all of which say EXPIRED next to them.

1st one in 2009
    06-27-2009 10:35
    Scutter01

Expired: State Standoff
    Inappropriate Language

This was during the week that the new no foul langage rule went into effect. There was no all hands email sent out just a new post in the annoucement section (which I did not read and still don't read thta section) and I got the infraction for it.

2nd in 2010
    02-10-2010 13:53
    shooter521

Expired: Private
    Inappropriate Language

I posted a picture of people and one of those people happen to have the work F** on their t-shirt which I failed to see so again an infraction. :crying:

my last one was in 2010 for my first classified ads post. :faint:
    09-01-2010 17:22
    Bill of Rights

Expired: AR-7 Henry Survival Rifle
    Classified Ads Rules Violation

The first two there is a RED dot next to them while the last one has a YELLOW dot. Don't know if that means anything or not.
    OP I too use to be all up in arms about these infractions. Especially the 2nd one for a long time they bothered me.
    Now a days I don't look at them anymore. They are like scars on my INGO profile that I have just like scars on my body that I have.

However if I ever see those MODs I will paint their guns PINK and PURPLE for the emtional distress they have caused me all these years.
    :rofl:
    I'll make it look like mine 1911. :)
    1911_betty_01b.jpg

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Good luck. I've been trying to remove my marks on my PERMANENT HIGH SCHOOL RECORD for years now. Maybe this is the reason I get picked for special searches at the airport.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Good luck eddie, but if you post on :ingo:, there's a good chance of getting an infraction:):

FIFY .

OP , sometimes infractions are warranted , sometimes they're not . Don't try to figure it out you'll go nuts but don't let it bother you either way .

INGO is still a pretty good place to hang your hat .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom