• ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    QUOTE:
    As much as I hate to say it, cat doesn't taste all that bad. If you've ever ate at the Happy Dragon in Evansville back in the early 90's before they shut them down then you know what cat tastes like. They NEVER had chicken.

And from what a vietnamese told us while he was working with my mom's best friend, dog tastes just like hamburger, so.....

I think it's not a BAD idea, it's just the fact of finding out how many people can stomach the idea of eating fluffy and her boyfriend for dinner.... Savage Eagle

Anyone who would post these sick comments has some serious issues. I am surprised more people did not call you on this.

Michiana, I don't think he meant to offend anyone. He was simply making a point that we have grown accustomed to putting dogs and cats on a more "human" level which makes the thought of eating them very disturbing to us. I don't think he was suggesting that we actually DO it.

Just like the countries full of starving people who worship cows doesn't make sense to us red-meat lovers, our love of cats and dogs probably doesn't make sense to the Chinese folks. SavageEagle was just making a point... he does that.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Or, more realistically, how about we all do research into new (or probably old) recipes & find a way to use these animals to feed the needy?

They're not sentient beings...it's just overly-emotional owners who attribute human characteristics for CERTAIN animals they deem to be CUTE enough to not become dinner.

The amount of money spent on stray domesticated animals is ridiculous...

BTW Jennybird, if I'm going to put my time & effort into a domesticated animal, it will be purebred & well trained. I do not hold the same standards for human children, so please don't try that argument.

Regarding your last sentence...I'll assume this means you have not or do not plan to have your own children & instead will be adopting children who are in the foster care system...

First of all, comparing dogs to children isn't going to happen with me. That's two totally different ballgames and I won't go down that road with you.

Secondly, I'm gathering from your post that you have a serious liking for GS's. That's fine. I have a liking for mutts over purebreds. In my experience they don't have the health issues that most purebreds have (e.g. hip displaysia, cancer, etc.) yet still hold high intelligence levels.

Also, for the record, there are nearly as many purebreds at shelters as there are mutts.

With all that said, I think there are way too many "breeders" out there in business for the WRONG reasons... and they need to be stopped. Unfortunately, I don't know how that can be done... I don't claim to have all the answers. But when I think of breeders, I think of the majority of INbreeding that goes on. Ever do any research on Amish breeders? It's quite disturbing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    QUOTE:
    As much as I hate to say it, cat doesn't taste all that bad. If you've ever ate at the Happy Dragon in Evansville back in the early 90's before they shut them down then you know what cat tastes like. They NEVER had chicken.

And from what a vietnamese told us while he was working with my mom's best friend, dog tastes just like hamburger, so.....

I think it's not a BAD idea, it's just the fact of finding out how many people can stomach the idea of eating fluffy and her boyfriend for dinner.... Savage Eagle

Anyone who would post these sick comments has some serious issues. I am surprised more people did not call you on this.

So call me out on it. I really don't care. I'm sorry, but if my family was starving and my St. Benard was the only food I could find, well, the tears will stop with full tummies. Call me sick call me twisted... what's sick and twisted is anyone who would make their family starve because they wouldn't take Fido out back and make some steaks.

Michiana, I don't think he meant to offend anyone. He was simply making a point that we have grown accustomed to putting dogs and cats on a more "human" level which makes the thought of eating them very disturbing to us. I don't think he was suggesting that we actually DO it.

Just like the countries full of starving people who worship cows doesn't make sense to us red-meat lovers, our love of cats and dogs probably doesn't make sense to the Chinese folks. SavageEagle was just making a point... he does that.

First, I didn't care if I offended anyone, my comments USUALLY offend SOMEONE. Tuff nooky, you can't please everyone.

Second, you are dead on. We've come so accustomed to seeing dogs, cats, rabbits, cattle, horses, even RACOONS as being household pets and family members that it's hard to think about eating them. But when push comes to shove anyone would do anything to feed their kids. If not, well, I'm not the sick and twisted one.

Third, I'm not advocating opening up a Restraunt called Killer and Fluffy, but I am saying that I have eaten cat and didn't know it but thought it was good enough to go back for more "General Zso's Chicken" and Crabrangoon(sp?). Nobody knew until they shut em down and we were MAD because it was GOOD. I guess that makes thousands of So. In. people sickos. :rolleyes: No, I'm just stating a fact and my opinion that it was good food. :)

Sorry I like to make a point. There is two ignore buttons. The one on the forum and the one in your brain that makes you skip over posts... :thumbsup:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Second, you are dead on. We've come so accustomed to seeing dogs, cats, rabbits, cattle, horses, even RACOONS as being household pets and family members that it's hard to think about eating them. But when push comes to shove anyone would do anything to feed their kids. If not, well, I'm not the sick and twisted one.

This is why my Grandpa never named animals. His rule was never name something you might want to eat someday. :D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You are out in left field

I know I'm going to get flak for this, but I don't care. I want you all to see what happens when some people just don't like nor understand your talking points or beliefs. I guess there are others who can't fathom my previous post and that's alright. I can't fathom some of the crap others say. I just don't go around negitive repping them for their belief's.

The thread was about unwanted pets and how to resolve that problem: not families starving to death. I won't bother pasting the statements you made concerning what great eating domestic dogs and cats are. I stand by my distain for these types of sick comments coming from immature individuals.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The thread was about unwanted pets and how to resolve that problem: not families starving to death. I won't bother pasting the statements you made concerning what great eating domestic dogs and cats are. I stand by my distain for these types of sick comments coming from immature individuals.

Well then ship the dogs to Vietnam and cats to China. Problem solved. :patriot:

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just so everyone knows your desire to not create taxes for pets that are not fixed is all in vain. Fort Wayne requires you to register your dog, and if it's not fixed it's $100 a year registration $30 lifetime if it is fixed. Just so ya know....My wife is a finance deputy for Allen county and this is enforced you have 30 days to comply and go to court your fines will be reduced to $210 if you do not comply you will pay my wife $500. We had no idea till she took this job....

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Nice thought, but have to echo the "no more laws" voice. I personally have two dogs I adopted from the humane society and wouldn't trade one of them for any other dog offered. People should take responsibility and have their pets spayed or neutered, but is there really a serious problem with the current human societies? I think many are run solely on private funds anyway.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Dick, I'm an animal lover, too. I have three dogs, and I'd never knowingly use them as food... they are members of my family.

That said, Ryan was not saying he would have chosen them as food animals, but having been given that instead of what he thought he was getting, he didn't think the taste was bad. This is not advocating eating "fluffy", just saying that when he ate his supper, found he liked it, then found out what it was, it wasn't bad.

He's entitled to his opinion, as are you. They don't have to agree, but if you want yours respected, you have to respect those of others, too.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    People dont even take care of their own children, and you are expecting them to take care of their pets?

Ever been to Southern China? No such thing as food prejudice there. If it moves they eat it.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Really can't agree on this one

Dick, I'm an animal lover, too. I have three dogs, and I'd never knowingly use them as food... they are members of my family.

That said, Ryan was not saying he would have chosen them as food animals, but having been given that instead of what he thought he was getting, he didn't think the taste was bad. This is not advocating eating "fluffy", just saying that when he ate his supper, found he liked it, then found out what it was, it wasn't bad.

He's entitled to his opinion, as are you. They don't have to agree, but if you want yours respected, you have to respect those of others, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill;
    If you read his post he was implying a good way to reduce the unwanted animal population was to use domesticated dogs and cats for food as "fluffy" really doesn't taste that bad. As a person who had dogs and cats since as far back as I can remember I see no humor in these types of comments. I know exactly what he said and I thing it was sick. Sorry but I respect his right to say what he thinks; we still have free speech in this country; but I don't have to respect any person who makes these types of statements. My

Top Bottom