• ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    TAX, TAX, TAX.

Wow, what ever happened to responsibility. Next time my kid does something I don't like I won't be a responsible parent, I'll just tax them for it.

As Charlie Brown would say.....

GOOD GRIEF!!!!

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have an idea. If all pet owners were required to pay a $100 a year tax to keep a unfixed pet. Then they would be more open to fixing their pet.
    Any good breeder would be willing to pay the tax in order to keep breeding.

I know their will be arguments about paying a tax, but it would help with back yard breeding, strays, and we'd see more quality bred pets.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think there are already laws against having a pet that doesn't have shots or is not fixed, but I could be wrong. I love my two dogs and make sure they get their normal visits and could NEVER imagine abandoning them like so many have during this tough economical times. They are a part of the family.

I see many are blasting the "tax" aspect, but I personally do not see a problem with this. Owning a dog (or cat I guess) is not a right and there are two many people that shouldn't be breeding as they either a) breed for illegitimate reasons b) do not care properly for the animals they produce c) aren't properly licensed to breed (breaking the law).

Instead of a "tax", maybe a better term would be a fine for not being responsible citizens and having your animals fixed. The fines would help offset (in theory) the costs of such a program and would hopefully cut down on strays that have no home and eventually end up having to be destroyed.

Of course, I have to imagine I'm in the minority and very unpopular here when I say I believe people should have to register to have/buy a dog. I lived on the near east side for many years and it broke my heart to see what conditions people would have their poor dogs living in or how they treated them. Just isn't fair.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:----1000
    Think of all the useless P.O.S. people in this country that would just throw their dogs and cats out on the streets ....You think we have to many stray animals now ..???
    Do somthing as stupid as making the American public take resposability for something ,
    We would have to hire someone to go around to kill all the strays , then all the obomunistic pelosians would wanna ban the dog pounds and open the boarders to other countries stray dogs ....LOL

It would be another fine mess :ingo::patriot::n00b::laugh:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have an idea. If all pet owners were required to pay a $100 a year tax to keep a unfixed pet. Then they would be more open to fixing their pet.

How about we just slap the snot out of any one sticking their nose so far in their neighbor's business they know the sex habits of their neighbor's pets.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I see what InMiLine was getting at, but I think it's the wrong way around. Government is rarely the solution to anything, and growing government is always a bad solution.

IF (and this is a big if) this is an issue we want our government to address, I would say that a better solution would be to cut the taxes of those who DO spay/neuter their pets, freeze the benefits of welfare recipients at whatever number of children they have or are pregnant with when they go on the dole--In short, decrease spending, taxing, paying, etc., etc. rather than increase any rendering unto Caesar.

Many things are good ideas. This does not mean they should be laws. Incentives I can possibly justify. Punishments, especially for "mala prohibita" bull$#!t is another matter entirely.

Blessings,
    Bill

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How about everyone marches down to the Humane society, adopts a dog or cat, takes it home, loves it, feeds it, cares for it, and gives it companionship.

Stop buying from breeders unless you plan to breed yourself. (Wait, did that come out right?)

Or, more realistically, how about we all do research into new (or probably old) recipes & find a way to use these animals to feed the needy?

They're not sentient beings...it's just overly-emotional owners who attribute human characteristics for CERTAIN animals they deem to be CUTE enough to not become dinner.

The amount of money spent on stray domesticated animals is ridiculous...

BTW Jennybird, if I'm going to put my time & effort into a domesticated animal, it will be purebred & well trained. I do not hold the same standards for human children, so please don't try that argument.

Regarding your last sentence...I'll assume this means you have not or do not plan to have your own children & instead will be adopting children who are in the foster care system...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Or, more realistically, how about we all do research into new (or probably old) recipes & find a way to use these animals to feed the needy?

They're not sentient beings...it's just overly-emotional owners who attribute human characteristics for CERTAIN animals they deem to be CUTE enough to not become dinner.

The amount of money spent on stray domesticated animals is ridiculous...

BTW Jennybird, if I'm going to put my time & effort into a domesticated animal, it will be purebred & well trained. I do not hold the same standards for human children, so please don't try that argument.

Regarding your last sentence...I'll assume this means you have not or do not plan to have your own children & instead will be adopting children who are in the foster care system...

As much as I hate to say it, cat doesn't taste all that bad. If you've ever ate at the Happy Dragon in Evansville back in the early 90's before they shut them down then you know what cat tastes like. They NEVER had chicken.

And from what a vietnamese told us while he was working with my mom's best friend, dog tastes just like hamburger, so.....

I think it's not a BAD idea, it's just the fact of finding out how many people can stomach the idea of eating fluffy and her boyfriend for dinner....

:popcorn:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Actually most animals that are pets are sentient beings. Are they sapient? No. From Websters on sentient.

"1 : responsive to or conscious of sense impressions <sentient beings> 2 : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/awareaware 3 : finely sensitive in perception or feeling"

Can I ask why you feel that way? Considering the majority(if not virtually all) domesticated animals are cross breed to some degree or another, I think there are something like 15 or so "pillar" breeds of dogs, not sure about cats, that are considered to be "pure" as in not being cross breed to achieve the traits desired. Rotts are one and the Kuvaszok is another and I think but not sure without checking that the Standard Poodle is one also.. All other "pure breed" breeds are actually a form of mutt. And honestly the so called "pillar breeds" I'm sure have some cross breeding somewhere in their history. Although I do agree if you are going to keep a animal it should be trained at least to some degree.

As much as I hate to say it, cat doesn't taste all that bad. If you've ever ate at the Happy Dragon in Evansville back in the early 90's before they shut them down then you know what cat tastes like. They NEVER had chicken.

And from what a vietnamese told us while he was working with my mom's best friend, dog tastes just like hamburger, so.....

I think it's not a BAD idea, it's just the fact of finding out how many people can stomach the idea of eating fluffy and her boyfriend for dinner....

:popcorn:

A chinese place that serves cat? The one place I know of the fire inspector spotted a side of dog in the cooler. Yes I am serious I worked for the guy. He didn't report it because 1) it wasn't a fire hazard and 2) he figured it was for personal consumption not public use.

Although I do know of a mexican restaurant in East Chicago that I think serves cat, or as my Mom put it when she tried it "I don't know what it is but its not beef and its not pork" but it was really tasty. :D

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Can I ask why you feel that way? Considering the majority(if not virtually all) domesticated animals are cross breed to some degree or another, I think there are something like 15 or so "pillar" breeds of dogs, not sure about cats, that are considered to be "pure" as in not being cross breed to achieve the traits desired. Rotts are one and the Kuvaszok is another and I think but not sure without checking that the Standard Poodle is one also.. All other "pure breed" breeds are actually a form of mutt. And honestly the so called "pillar breeds" I'm sure have some cross breeding somewhere in their history. Although I do agree if you are going to keep a animal it should be trained at least to some degree.

Ok, so I didn't mean pure bred...I meant a real breed, not misc. alleyway mixture. I want well bred & well trained German Shepards. I don't want to put money into a dog who's genetic disposition is to pee on guests then lick them :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know I'm going to get flak for this, but I don't care. I want you all to see what happens when some people just don't like nor understand your talking points or beliefs. I guess there are others who can't fathom my previous post and that's alright. I can't fathom some of the crap others say. I just don't go around negitive repping them for their belief's.

Originally Posted by SavageEagle
    Re: That was deserved and them some
    Originally Posted by Michiana
    Unless you are from China you are a real sicko, sorry about that but you deserved the negative rep for that post. You have real issues buddy.
    Why do I have issues? You don't know a damn thing about me and because I post something about eating dog and cat I'M a sicko??? I'm sorry, but you my friend have the issues. Eating dog or cat is no different than eating rabbit or deer. Or a Horse or a Cow. NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. It's not my fault you wouldn't eat poor Fido if the family was starving. Did you know if a dog was killed in the winter, some native American indian tribes would eat the meat, make shoes from the skin, tools from the bones. You wouldn't eat a wolf or coyote if it was the only thing you shot all day and no food at home?

I'm sorry I offended you... Actually, I take that back. I don't care that I offended you and I guess I shall wear your red badge of dishonor with pride knowing that I wouldn't neg rep someone over their beliefs.

Take care now. Bye bye then.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So sad that its true...

I say we make everyone pay a tax on the air they breath and for evey mile they drive. How about every step they take. :rolleyes:

You trying to stir a pot or what?

Actually there is a proposal out right now to tax you based on mileage you put on your car annually. You know... to keep down "global warming" (and other such fictional control-tools). Its also to control King Obama's subjects, bloat the government, screw the economy, etc.

Top lawmaker wants mileage-based tax on vehicles - Yahoo! News

I'll get back to you on the tax on steps you take. I'm sure there's a liberal out there somewhere drafting it as we speak.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I stand corrected. More taxes is a bad idea. I just left the humane society in Elkhart, looking for a small dog for my nephew. It is just so over crowded right now. But I called back about one we found and asked why so many. She said because of the economy people are bringing in their pets because they can't afford them. Sad times.

The business right next door (there on CR19) gets pets literally at their doorstep because either the drop-off boxes are full, or the people are too timid to take their pet 200 more feet to the proper location.

One time a box of kittens was on that business front porch.
    Other times, large dogs are left wandering outside.
    I had my wife come pick up a Norwegian Elkhound that was wandering out there starved. The vet fixed it up and we took it in.
    Christmas_2008_129_b.jpg

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You deserved a negative rep for that sick post

I know I'm going to get flak for this, but I don't care. I want you all to see what happens when some people just don't like nor understand your talking points or beliefs. I guess there are others who can't fathom my previous post and that's alright. I can't fathom some of the crap others say. I just don't go around negitive repping them for their belief's.

QUOTE:

I think it's not a BAD idea, it's just the fact of finding out how many people can stomach the idea of eating fluffy and her boyfriend for dinner.... Savage Eagle

Anyone who would post these sick comments has some serious issues. I am surprised more people did not call you on this.

Top Bottom