• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lilboy1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a question about what everyone does to protect your permit in your wallets. Years ago before the lifetime permits it used to state on them that you could not laminate them. Mine after the 4 years was really tattered and worn.

Now I have the lifetime permit and love it. I went to a office supply store and got a cheap lamination done on it and it has worked for a year or so and now is coming undone. What is out there or what do you use to keep them intact.

Sorry if this in the wrong place for this discussion.

Thanks for reading and helping a noob out.:ingo:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Make a copy on pink paper, laminate it and keep the original in the safe? That's what I did.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks I needed the kick in the butt!!! :yesway: :D

Maybe it was a **** job. Will have to get the double stick ones that were mentioned.

Thanks jcwit for the idea.

Also I THINK that now you dont even need to carry it on you to legally carry, so you could leave it in the safe. :dunno:

Some maybe know that for sure.Im not a lawyer.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can order a copy from the State, they charge for it, but it was not as much trouble as starting again.

Last edited:

Lilboy1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Also I THINK that now you dont even need to carry it on you to legally carry, so you could leave it in the safe. :dunno:

I am too chicken to even try that. Knowing my luck you would need to have it and I wouldn't on even a simple stop for speeding. I do have a little bit of a lead foot and hard to control it.

I hadn't thought about making copies either. Thanks for that idea also.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy

Even if this is legal, my guess is, most cops will still try to take the handgun since you don't have it on you.

I like the idea of copying it to pink paper and laminating that. With a scanner and a little photoshop or gimp work you could fill the whole page with copies and get them laminated so you can grab an extra anytime.

Top Bottom