• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    From Mikebaker: "I know this is not relivant here ,but in Texas ours looks almost like a drivers license. It costs us about $75 also"

Mike, I still hold a Texas CHL. The course/test was $150 and the money order required when you send your application is was $140.00. That only lasts for 3 years, and you must retest again to prove proficiency. It is a top quality laminated Photo ID.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Make a copy on pink paper, laminate it and keep the original in the safe? That's what I did.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

That ia what I have done. I made about 6 copies on pink paper and keep the stored away just in case I need another for what ever reason.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    The heavy duty lamination packets seem to work the best. Kinkos/Fedex will do it for you if you need them to.

That store in Evansville has a DIY laminating machine next to the copiers in front of the counter. Or, they can walk you through it. It cost right about $1 to do my new, lifetime LTC in October. :twocents: It feels as thick, or thicker than a credit card, now.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Fixed it for you..

Make a copy OR 10 on pink paper, laminate it and keep the original in the safe? That's what I did.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

There you go NHT3- I fixed it for you..Bill.

david76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I just got mine copied and laminated at the staples on 41 in terre haute. The lady there was very cool and it only cost $2.13. Now I have the original and 7 copies in the safe and I carry a copy on me. You can not tell the differance between them.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Did mine at FedEx/Kinko's, but didn't know at the time to scale it down 85% beforehand so the final size would be the same as any other card.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Thats all well and good but if ever involved in situation where your gun is brought into play the police will keep your gun and permit. If your permit is suspended pending review, your copies and right to carry are gone. You knowingly become a violator. Be careful...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom