• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Must we argue with you to post in this thread?

Rather than waste my time contradicting you, I'd rather point out that even our poor people are rich by world's standards and THEY are the ones who really need the attitude adjustment.

I'd rather show that our folks who abuse the generosity of our society, AND FEEL WE OWE THEM SOMETHING, are the real slugs of the world because they have a tremendous amount of 'wealth' by world standards and they don't seem to think they have been GIVEN ENOUGH by the producers of this nation.

You're absolutely right. I'm so glad that you arrived just in time to point that out. I bet it has been at least 5, maybe 6 minutes since someone has complained about welfare recipients here on INGO. You're like a voice crying out in the wilderness! :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    , I'd rather point out that even our poor people are rich by world's standards and THEY are the ones who really need the attitude adjustment.

Right on. Name another country where the poor are obese.

As was said above, they generally have at least one car, indoor plumbing, TV/DVD, AC, fridge, cellphone, video game system, etc...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You're absolutely right. I'm so glad that you arrived just in time to point that out. I bet it has been at least 5, maybe 6 minutes since someone has complained about welfare recipients here on INGO. You're like a voice crying out in the wilderness! :D

My original post was replying to the OP and used his link to make a simple point. Not sure what your problem is that you would attack me with your sarcastic post, but your post shows much of your character, and if I bothered to give you any thought, I could not think less.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My original post was replying to the OP and used his link to make a simple point. Not sure what your problem is that you would attack me with your sarcastic post, but your post shows much of your character, and if I bothered to give you any thought, I could not think less.

Your post was replying to one of mine, not the OP.

I wasn't attacking you. Just saw it as a case of stating the obvious. Which I didn't fully understand since you were responding to me.

I was just ribbing you. No offense intended.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    To make it fair, the UN should collect everyone's yearly salary. Divide 60% of that sum smh spread it evenly between all the governments. Take 10% of it for the UN to use as they see fit. Take 10% of it and put it in a disaster fund. Then they can disperse the remaining 20% evenly amongst the people of the world. That way everyone receives their fair share.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    To make it fair, the UN should collect everyone's yearly salary. Divide 60% of that sum smh spread it evenly between all the governments. Take 10% of it for the UN to use as they see fit. Take 10% of it and put it in a disaster fund. Then they can disperse the remaining 20% evenly amongst the people of the world. That way everyone receives their fair share.

Or maybe just be grateful for the gifts we have been given and use them accordingly of our own free will.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    But why stop there, we need to level the playing field in schools. It's not fair that some kids get straight A's while others get F's. Just take the grade average for each class and everyone receives that grade. At least that would be a start.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    But why stop there, we need to level the playing field in schools. It's not fair that some kids get straight A's while others get F's. Just take the grade average for each class and everyone receives that grade. At least that would be a start.

This is what we, here on the Internet, call a "straw man".

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It said I was the poorest person in the world with my $0/year income. Never should have went back to finish a degree and went full time, year round.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, income is not wealth. I have a base income of $44k per year, zero debt and assets in hundreds of thousands.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    "From those according to ability, to those according to need."

I am being called a communist for advocating voluntary generosity and compassion for fellow human beings who are less fortunate than us? Are you serious?

I have been vocally against nearly every government function in existence. That includes entitlements of all kinds.

Pretending that everyone in this world is only limited by their laziness is the real land of unicorn farts.

Top Bottom