• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    After watching "Doomsday Preppers" on the National Geographic channel, my wife made the comment that we're no where close to any of their levels of prep.

So, how prepared are you? Vote in the poll, check all that apply.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Civilization could come to a screaming halt and we wouldn't know it for 6 months except the internet being down.

More to the point, while we have lots of supplies stored and some livestock and garden, we have mad survival skillz.

And even more important than that, we have the attitude and mindset to survive whatever. I got started in it worrying about nuclear annhiliation in the 80s and along the way I learned that this was an unlikely scenario but that life will throw lots of survival situations at each and every one of us, and that by being prepared for them, I'm prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Individual 3 day bags, packed & ready to go ... check.
    1-2 months worth of stored food & water for everyone ... check.
    Established garden ... check.
    Livestock ... check.
    Alternate retreat site & bug out plan ... check.
    Guns & lots of ammunition ... check.

So I'd say we're better prepared for any sort of disruption in the every day/normal supply chain of goods & services than most folks.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Nothing about a generator/fuel?
    Light sources?
    Major FAK with accompanying skills?

I think there is a limit as to how many items that can be listed on a poll.

But that said, while generators/fuel, flashlights, FAK's & FA skills would be extremely useful in a SHTF scenario, people living say 100 years ago did manage to survive just fine without any of that stuff.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    my preps are lacking in every area, but i havent been at it for very long, hopefully whatever happens will wait for a while

jake

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    my preps are lacking in every area, but i havent been at it for very long, hopefully whatever happens will wait for a while

jake

I am in the same boat as you. Just really started prepping this summer. I have had a garden in the past but this is the first full year in my first house so now I have a place to store preps.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    We are very prepared. One year food and water for each person, generator, livestock, firewood etc but the guys on Doomsday Preppers make me look like an amatuer. :rolleyes:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    We are very prepared. One year food and water for each person, generator, livestock, firewood etc but the guys on Doomsday Preppers make me look like an amatuer. :rolleyes:

I think no matter how prepared you are, someone, somewhere can make you look like amateurs.

The point of this was just to see how well the INGO community is in preparing. I'd say we've got a leg up on most people in the larger community.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    I am more prepped than anyone I personally know but watching that show made me feel like a grasshopper. Those people were impressive. The group on the farm that used wood fuel, the suburbanites with the concrete pond, and the big underground bunker my wife had to constantly wipe drool off of my mouth as I watched the show.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    In the shtf....don't say no to handouts if it is a long term event. That will draw as much attention to you as having a castle on a hill.

Look and act like everyone else.......

I have a friend who works in an interesting job at DHS who says that is very important to remember.

Long term stocks are great, but if you fail at rotating it, alot will go to waste or to the local food kitchen.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Wife scoffs at the idea of stocking up on anything. But there are plenty of guns and ammo on hand.

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    There was no check box for the two granola bars I keep in my glove box. However there is plenty of ammo and lots of weak neighbors. Before I'm flamed I'm kidding about the neighbors.

Top Bottom