• How prepared are you?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Looks like INGO people have more guns than food...not a good balance of resources: you darn sure will have to EAT, you may need to SHOOT.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Really need to get more food stored that's where I'm weakest. Plenty of guns and ammo. got plenty of camping equipment. Got a place to bug out to. And a 4WD to get there. Have a generator and extra fuel so I can hunker down till the initial madness quiets down. My game plan is to hunker down and stay put depending on what type of SHTF. Then hope my 4WD can navigate through the carnage on the roads (and off the roads) to get to my bug out location.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Pretty good on food/water, want to put a well on my property though

Root cellar, cold storage is almost complete :D

Gardens established

Have chickens, but still want to get a few goats and start raising meat rabbits

Guns/Ammo never enough :draw:

Bug out locale? I plan to die in place. :): Seriously, though, I moved to my present home with plans that it would be my safe location and have expended most efforts in making it so.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My thought is that most people on this board have enough guns and ammo. Lets say society falls apart, how much ammo can a person realistically carry or use. I for one have small children and would be very reluctant to engage in open combat.

Food - Need to keep stocking up. I finally have my wife on board. We are not in great shape, but we will not go hungry for several days.

We have discovered my daughter has some special health considerations. So my wife is/has worked on a first aid kit with what we need.

Generator check, water filter check, BOB check, emergency car kit check.

Overall we are in much better shape then 6 months ago.

nightjunio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i voited in the poll and i am no where close to being prepared. my wife finally agreed that we need to have some back up plan. actually yesterday we went to the army surplus tore and purchased supplies and we have a box of MRE's taht we are ordering. we are starting to take it more seriously now.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I think we'd be alright. It may take some adjusting, but we're WAY ahead of the curve at least. I'm a bit worried about my food stocks.....every time I get it built up someone throws a wrench in the gears and we are forced to dig into the pantry for a few months until we get caught up again, then rebuild the supplies again......I just had to dispose of a lot of dried goods tonight because the Mrs. didn't get them stored properly in time and we suffered a re-infestation of grain moths. Those suckers are a PITA...6 months of constant battle, almost had them completely gone then this...

Top Bottom