How old were you when you had your first kid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Let me give you a little different perspective. I had older parents and loved it. They were more stable and way less embarrasing then my friends. I can not say I know what your wife and you are going through, nobody knows even the ones who have had similar experiences. What I can tell you is that having children in your 30's or 40's is still as wonderful as having them in your late teens and 20's.
    Love and support your wife, let these trials bring you two closer together, and don't let it drive you apart.

As Rookie said, I hope I didn't come across preachy or that I'm being a jerk. I truly meant it to be helpful and comforting.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    First one at 17, fifth one at 31. Everybody keeps telling me about this aisle in the drugstore that keeps it from happening over and over but I never found it. :dunno:

1. Buy bottle of aspirin from store.
    2. Remove one aspirin tablet.
    3. Hand tablet to wife.
    4. Have wife hold tablet between knees.
    5. Problem solved.

NEXT!

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    21, and it was a 'twofer', a boy and a girl!

Same here only I was slightly older by 11 years or so.

We tried for 4 years before and, as it has been stated before, it nearly ruined ur marriage. Hormone therapy will turn your lady into satan. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just keeping it real. I swear on everything I hold dear that my wife once twisted her head 360 before vomiting this nasty green pea soup looking crap. We nearly ended it shortly afterwards.

Fortunately for me we didn't. We are both stubborn as hell and fought through it. Now we have 2 toddlers who brighten my day. My wife gets her feelings hurt sometimes because she thinks they love me more than her but I love every minute.

nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    I had my son when I was 19 followed by a girl every two years for next four years. Figured out what was causing it finally.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    29 for the first one.
    37 for the second one. (My wife sure is stubborn)

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    30 for our first. 34 for our second, and 36 for our third.

Actually as for affordability, the only child you can't afford is the one that hasn't yet been born.

As was stated up thread, try not to stress about it. Try not to be discouraged by the past, and just keep running the same play until you score a touchdown.

Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't until age 30 (both of us) that we had children. We got to spend seven years together building our foundation and enjoying each other first. Then we were ready.

Top Bottom