• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    3 times in 15 years, never ended with a ticket. Only once ended with a verbal warning. Once was a statey and that ended with a handshake and polite words from both. Never been asked about my carry status even though all 3 officers had seen my pretty pink piece of paper. Only once was an annoyance but that officer didn't last through the year before finding a new career.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    The first, and last one was in "89'. Been driving legally since "75" . And the ticket was in the "Buckeye" state. Imagine that!

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    When I was a snot-nosed teen, I swear cops were just waiting for me to do something wrong, or maybe I was a dumbass.

In the last 4 years, one stop, seat belt violation. I was distracted when I got in the truck, didnt even think about it, and ISP nailed my ass to the wall for it. I was wrong, no biggie. $25 isnt gonna break the bank I guess.

-MColford

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    In my personal vehicle, never.

In my company truck, twice, in 3 years. One was for a paperwork inspection. The other was for crossing a dam in colorado, something about not letting me go over it because of national security, but only stopping me after I crossed the dam. I got a nice ticket for that one.

If you count getting pulled into a weight station for paperwork checks then I can't count that high.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I clicked less than annually cause I figured if I clicked Never, I'd get popped within a weeks time...

Last ticket I got was in 07... and I drive like a ****head sometimes

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last time I was pulled over was in 1985, got a warning for loud mufflers. Well, no mufflers. I was in my 77' Ford 4x4 running headers with no pipes or mufflers. I had some issues with my starter, and politely screamed to the officer that if I shut it down it might not start back up, so he screamed back just leave it running. Man, I wish I still had that truck!:(

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Been pulled over 4 times

2003 or 04 - Speeding on 394 near Crete IL - Ticket, don't remember the speed, 55 zone
    2005 - Speeding on Calumet in Dyer - Warning, ~48 in a 35 zone I think, I believe that's actually a 45 zone now.
    2008 - Speeding on IL-1/17 in Momence IL - Ticket, 35 in a 25 zone
    2010 - Speeding, wreckless driving, suspected DUI, US-30 between Plymouth and Valpo somewhere. One of Santa's Elves working his side job for ISP wearing a hat 4 sizes too big pulled me over and said I was weaving all over(tire crossed the shoulder line like once) Claimed to smell alcohol. I blew a 0. I had handed over my LTCH with my license. He never even saw the gun, but asked why I had it. I questioned the relevance and he got irritated and went into a RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH speech about how about how he could take it and who knows what else, I kinda just let it go in one ear and out the other. I somehow managed to get off that one with a warning.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I drive more in a single year than most people drive in 10-15 years. If you wouldn't mind, post a translator or calculator for me to use...I would love to see insurance rates based on a miles to accidents/tickets ratio.....instead of years to accidents/tickets...

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    All the fricken time. For a few years it seemed if I got in my car I was going to get a ticket for something, be it speeding, following to closely, improper lane changes, driving faster that conditions allowed, etc.

Been about 3 years since my last ticket though, can't wait for my insurance to come down to the level I can almost afford.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    When I was in my early 20's I got pulled over a lot. Only got one ticket, pulled a u-turn one a Illinois toll road at a toll both, in front of 2 cops.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    13 times in six years. 3 times for red lights, 1 for unsafe takeoff (accidental), 5 for speeding, 1 for following a guy for a few miles while calling the cops on HIM, 1 left of yellow while not permitted, 1 for a guy following me too closely (officers thought it might be a road rage incident so they pulled me over also), and 1 for crossing center line (thought I was drunk, but I was just adjusting my mirrors to keep the officers brights out of my eyes).

Out of those, I was ticketed twice. 1 for speeding and 1 for the left of yellow while not permitted that was the result of an accident. I won the latter ticket in court and did pretrial diversion for the first one.

I keep a list in my wallet for some unknown reason about every traffic stop, I guess for my records. And all of these have been in Howard County.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Since my "incident" in 1997, I have had exactly 4 interactions with the police.

1 speeding ticket
    1 no seatbelt ticket
    1 no inspection ticket
    1 police report filed for a stolen cellular phone.

Edit: that's not accurate. I was pulled over for speeding one other time, but the officer let me off. I was late for a job interview. I was dressed in business attire with a copy of my resume clearly visible on a stack of papers on my passenger seat. The officer let me off with a warning. Three tickets all told.

Top Bottom