• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Twice in the 11 years I've been able to drive.

First time was in Carmel/Westfield for having a license plate light out.

Second time was in Howard County for speeding. Just simply wasn't paying attention and learned my lesson after having to pay the fine for 15mph over.
    Hamilton Co./Carmel is a "NO GO ZONE". I won't go back ever and will NEVER spend a dime in that area. First time pulled over since '78 and for NO reason. Just pulled over in a random check. Yea right! Just a racket. NOT just or fair. NO reason to pull me over. Noon in traffic, not doing a thing wrong.
    WE don't need that kind of LE.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    ive been pulled over 6 times in 6 years driving. ive gotten an unsafe start ticket (the cop didnt think the power slide was near as awesome as i did) the day after i got my liscence. a speeding ticket in clinton for 72 in a 60 when i was going downhill whith the cruise set at 65. a seatbelt ticket as a passenger before i lost all of my weight in a saturn. the seat belt wouldnt go around me, i demonstrated this for the officer and still got a ticket. then a BS ticket in illinois while taking pictures of flood water. the rest were for minor things like plate lights and one was coming home from a friends house after working on his le mans till 4 am. they had a report of a drunk driver in a truck identicle to mine. i was 18 i think, he checked my info and let me go. im a bit of a hoonigan.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    4 times in 45 years. 2 for burned out light bulbs. Both times had a spare bulb in the car. "do you want me to change it now?" "No, go to a safer place." Both times the officers were still behind me when I pulled off to stop and change the bulb.
    The other 2 were for speeding. One ticket. 53 in a 45. 2 days after they lowered the limit at that spot. I didn't even realize that it was changed till the officer told me.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Ancient history.

Last time was in 1972 and that was for a tail light out. :)

Oops. Forgot about the one for making a left turn in one of those," no left turn between 4:30 to 6:30 PM", intersections. That was in 1964.

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    When I wad 16-18 it was about monthly. A 16 year old in a Z-28 with flowmasters catches their eye apparently. Although once I got pulled over in New Palestine fir 31 in a 30...no im nite kidding. Lately every few years (im 26). 3 of the last 4 times I was pulled over were on my way to work (correctional officer). So my uniform got me "professional courtesy" and I was just told to watch my speed and be careful. One of those was 78 in a 55 on 465 so ill take it.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Twice in 16 years (last was in '02). Speeding ticket in '02 and a couple years before that got pulled over for suspicion of DUI (lit a smoke, crossed the yellow line, overcorrected back over the white and straightened it out, all while a cop was behind me).

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Seems like everytime I go out of state I get a ticket. Have had 3 speeding tickets. One this year, one last year, and one 5 years ago. I have been pulled over for all kinds or reasons when I was younger mostly for being out late at night I think.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Once since I was 16. I am 23 now. I was pulled over because my truck matched the discription of a stolen vehicle early that morning. Officer was very courteous and the whole interaction took less than 5 minutes. He never said anything about my 1911 concealed behind my back in holster. (probably because I didn't tell him)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Never.
    But with those automatic radars with have everywhere in Europe you dont need to be pulled over to get your ticket the next week in the mail.

v-21-1086846-1212082008.jpg

No wonder people destroy a bunch of them every year (they are set on fire, painted to cover the bulletproof glass, shot with rifles etc ...).

690_1_radar%20hs%20st%20max%20!!!%20004.jpg

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    4 times in 33 years.
    I paid 1 ticket for a cali stop, one ticket for towing a trailer w/o registration plates and talked my way out of two speeding tickets.:rockwoot:

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been pulled over twice and ticketed once when I was 18 years old. I was speeding and the state trooper was a friend of my dad's. He said he was setting an example.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    2 years ago in Austin, TX. Was in a rental car, was armed, didn't volunteer the info, got a warning for going straight from a turn lane. Whew!

Top Bottom