• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not that a snake ever did me any favors....
    :dunno:They eat worse varmints than they are.
    =========================================

I clean my guns according to need.

22lr ammo is dirty and the cartridge is prone to issues of all sorts. I don't want a feed issue at a match to be associated with a dirty gun. That needs to be taken out of the loop. 22s get a fair amount of cleaning prior to each match.

I cannot remember the last time I field stripped the 1911. It's been at least a few thousand rounds ago. I haven't touched the bore with anything in that time. It gets a wipe down, wipe out every match or two. FP10 on a Qtip hits the friction points and grimy areas on occasion.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I at a minimum wipe down my pistols after every range trip. I tend to thoroughly clean my primary carry weapons every time...if I have the time. Revolvers usually get, at a minimum, a brass brush through each chamber to ensure good loading/un-loading for the next range trip. Every few trips I will be sure to do a thorough cleaning on the revolvers to make them pretty again(all stainless).

I have a FS M&P that I'm trying to see how long it'll go...I do not carry this firearm, it's just a range gun.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We are supossed to clean our guns? If I had known that....

Usually clean after I shoot or shortly thereafter. The .22s I dont clean that much, just wipe them down.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Clean your guns

Almost everytime I get back from the range and sometimes at the range if the weather is good. Sometimes I run a patch with solvent through the bbl and let them set overnight. Clean the next day.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If you lived at my house you would find that we have timber rattlers, my guess is you would shoot them also. Myself and my wife have been struck by them.

Timber rattlers around the house, yes. I would shoot those too.

Garden snakes or black snakes...basically anything non-venomous gets a pass from me, as long as it starts moving away when it sees me. I'm not worried about them, but at the same time I don't want them just hanging around my house where I might come across them at an inopportune time and be trying to make a split-second decision on whether or not its venomous.

SRNXD40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Boone co
    Gun cleaning

I clean my gun before i go to the range and after and about once a month I take it apart and put it back together blind folded just because you never know what can happen.:ingo:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I let most of the firearms that I inherited from my father sat for almost 7 years with nothing at all done to them... I know, I know, I'm bad! Now that my daughters are old enough to understand not to touch them, I clean them after every shooting, and my carry piece (or the piece I will carry :) ) once a month.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I clean mine every time I fire them. Now I would do it once a month but I make sure to at least put 50 rounds through every pistol/long gun I own. If I don't I sell it as I have no real need for it anymore ;-)

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    I like cleaning guns nearly as much as shooting them. That may sound crazy, but I do. I'm totally OCD with my carry guns and my A5. If I see ONE fingerprint on that A5......, well, we'll have none of that!
    My rifles at the very least get a bore brush and an oil patch, usually at the range when they're still warm.

stacy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Parke County
    Every time I go shooting I clean my rifles & pistols as soon as I get home. I like to have them well lubricated for the next time. Still I think its personal preference!

Top Bottom