• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    Let me start off saying that i do not currently reload, but i am seriously concidering it. So that being said,

I know it all depends on what i am reloading, but about how many 9mm or .40 reloads can i get out of a 1# jug of powder?

And on a side note, how many times can a casing be reloaded before it is "used up"?

Last edited:

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    I can get almost 1300 .40cal loads from 1lb. Brass gets tossed when the neck starts cracking or trimmed more than twice. YMMV. Later, Bob

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's funny. Cost was the initial reason I got into reloading (handguns, rifle, and especially shotguns). I used to laugh my guts off at how much I was not spending on ammo. Then I got into how I could really match a load to my gun (specifically rifle). Then I just laughed harder. Now, I reload mainly for the fun of it and it gives me another reason to hide in the basement with a big do-not-disturb sign on the door. Love my family more than words can explain, but love the solitude of my reloading presses and bench.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My favorite powder is Titegroup. With that I get:

9mm 124gr jacketed = 1627 rounds per pound
    .38 Special 158 gr cast = 2058 rounds per pound
    .45 ACP 230gr jacketed = 1521 rounds per pound

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Some handgun brass seems to last forever. I have some 44 mag cases that I shoot mild loads in that never seem to split. Hot loaded .357 magnums start splitting after about 4 reloads. This will vary with case manufacturer. I have found Starline brass to be very durable in 44mag and 45 lc.:)

Top Bottom