• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    we at campbells firearms in royal center only charge 15$ ....If you are retired or active military or law enforcement we are definitely worth looking into for transfers or new firearm purchases
    have a blessed day

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The charging of 50 bucks is to offset the money lost when you buy the firearm from the guy online.

That's like a politician saying that they don't think that Indiana residents should get their $111 tax surplus refund because it could be spent on other things... It is NOT their money to lose.

It is a chance to earn my money.

I do agree, they can charge whatever they want, as it is a free market. But pricing themselves out of the market, means they don't want to provide the service or they are hoping to provide fewer transfers at a higher margin to someone who did not do their research. Charging a higher rate on a service does not "make up" for a lost sale.

If a shop offers a good rate on a transfer, they will likely get someone into the store that may not have otherwise come in, and have a chance to pick up the next sale or to sell some accessories, etc.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I don't think the FFL is "screwing" it's customers, it's just how much they want to deal with a transfer, the customer has the choice to go elsewhere. I personally think $50 is excessive, but apparently Blythe's thinks it is "fair".

I agree with others, a call first would have saved you from getting screwed, but also think $50 is outragous to just receive a package, make a phone call to NICS, and then store the filled out form. Your business (even if its only transfers) would be better appreciated at other establishments. If they're not going to have the gun you want in stock (which is often the case as who the heck has EVERY gun you might want to buy in stock?) then I would think that 20 bucks would be fair to fill out the form. As others have said it is a free market, so transfer elsewhere...

I bought a blem stripped lower from Palmetto State for $69.95. I picked Blythe's because it's closer to my house. I figured they'd have to be $35 or less. I figured wrong. $50 to transfer a $70 item feels like getting screwdriver to me.

Yep def got blindsided there. Lesson learned... the hard way. Thanks for letting the rest of us know!

Midwest Gun Exchange is $25 per page. Transfer 5 items, it is $25. Not the best price out there but it is reasonable.

Indiana Defensive Firearms Just $15 bucks

I found this place out at a gunshow and maybe 2-1/2 miles away from Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. Nice guy that runs the place, I've been there twice, first time to check the place out, little hole in the wall shop, the second time to do the transfer.

Mishawaka Guns | Indiana Defensive Firearms, inc.

2512 Lincolnway West
    Unit B
    Mishawaka, IN 46544
    855-GOT-IDFI

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I agree with others, a call first would have saved you from getting screwed, but also think $50 is outragous to just receive a package, make a phone call to NICS, and then store the filled out form. Your business (even if its only transfers) would be better appreciated at other establishments. If they're not going to have the gun you want in stock (which is often the case as who the heck has EVERY gun you might want to buy in stock?) then I would think that 20 bucks would be fair to fill out the form. As others have said it is a free market, so transfer elsewhere...

Yep def got blindsided there. Lesson learned... the hard way. Thanks for letting the rest of us know!

Indiana Defensive Firearms Just $15 bucks

I found this place out at a gunshow and maybe 2-1/2 miles away from Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. Nice guy that runs the place, I've been there twice, first time to check the place out, little hole in the wall shop, the second time to do the transfer.

Mishawaka Guns | Indiana Defensive Firearms, inc.

2512 Lincolnway West
    Unit B
    Mishawaka, IN 46544
    855-GOT-IDFI

Aaron is a good friend of mine. I'm always in his shop.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I see how/understand how it could offend, but I also
    undestand the point being made.^^^^^^

$50 transfer says we dont want your buisness.

I priced a gun at Blyth's and could get it brand new online shipped
    free for over $100 less. With a $20 transfer I still save $100.

Why on earth would I want to **** away $100 just to buy local?

Jimmy

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I see how/understand how it could offend, but I also
    undestand the point being made.^^^^^^

$50 transfer says we dont want your buisness.

I priced a gun at Blyth's and could get it brand new online shipped
    free for over $100 less. With a $20 transfer I still save $100.

Why on earth would I want to **** away $100 just to buy local?

Jimmy

The thing that is offensive is that Dear Leader got himself another term.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I understand exactly what the flag signifies and I feel the same way about our destroyer in chief. It's a gut feeling I get when I look at it. It just doesn't look right.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Thank you. It is annoying that so many people don't get that. They see the one on my truck, in my yard, and on my hat, and think I hate America. Not so. I love America, and I want it back.

Per the flag code which is no longer a law an inverted flag means distress signal.. Seriously, are you?

As far as the picture shown on your post, not your avatar.

The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.
    The flag should be flown in fair weather, unless the flag is designed for inclement weather use.
    The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
    The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
    The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
    The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
    The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it, or attached to it.
    The flag should never be used for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
    The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
    When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner

Check out # 7.

Had enough of the crap back in the 1960's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom