• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • milewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Blythes is in the business of selling firearms, not providing transfers. Every time they transfer a gun that someone bought off the internet, they lose a sale from something they may have in inventory. From my experience, Blythes can be competitive on prices and they carry a good ammount of inventory. I always support my local gun shop, even if they are a bit more expensive than the big box stores or internet. They have more experienced staff, take the time to talk to me about what I am looking for, and always make sure I am making an informed purchase. To me, the service is the reason I go to them for all of my firearm purchases.

Just my two cents.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Blythes is in the business of selling firearms, not providing transfers. Every time they transfer a gun that someone bought off the internet, they lose a sale from something they may have in inventory. From my experience, Blythes can be competitive on prices and they carry a good ammount of inventory. I always support my local gun shop, even if they are a bit more expensive than the big box stores or internet. They have more experienced staff, take the time to talk to me about what I am looking for, and always make sure I am making an informed purchase. To me, the service is the reason I go to them for all of my firearm purchases.

Just my two cents.
    So taking 50 bucks for doing virtually nothing gets in the way of them making money?
    You lost me somewhere.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    The charging of 50 bucks is to offset the money lost when you buy the firearm from the guy online.

So making a profit of $20 on a stripped lower that they have in stock is preferable to making $50 for doing almost nothing on an FFL transfer? I still am at a loss to understand your logic.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    What happens if you go down the street and buy one? They missed out on that sale too, will they come to your house and want 50 bucks? That's a bunch of crap. I should get a ffl myself. Then I would do transfers and I would charge, bout tree fiddy.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    j&d's in st. john charges $30. great lake shooters in portage charges $20. i have dealt with both and both are good to go.

Top Bottom