• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm a little torn.

My son has already had sex ed in school, at least the proper body parts and all. It was nothing he didn't already know. He was four or five when he wanted to know the differences between men and women, and we told him. I see no reason to keep it secret, or treat the act as shameful when I do not believe it is. He was three when he caught us in the act, after walking through a door we thought was locked. We didn't realize he was there until he pounded his fists on the nightstand and yelled as loud as his little voice would let him "You stop hurting my Mommy!!" Shoulda seen the look on his face, he was ready to whoop my butt. We had to convince him that there was certainly no pain involved, and the noises didn't mean Mommy was hurting LOL.

after many years of therapy, the little guy is starting to speak again.

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Gun safety courses do not create more negligent discharges, right? Thus sex ed does not end with more teen pregnancy.
    Think about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Gun safety courses do not create more negligent discharges, right? Thus sex ed does not end with more teen pregnancy.
    Think about it.
    Floatch,

Not sure how to take your statement.

I am not against sex ed. in school I AM against erroneous information being given out in class, the school deriding my choice for my child of teaching him abstinence versus "safe sex" choices, and that some schools are choosing to try to educate children as young as five years old about sex. Schools, doing the above:

1) Wasted my time correcting and clarifying their incorrect information

2) Made my child question whether I was wrong or the school was wrong for teaching two separate ideas about sex, and

3) Took the opportunity of choice away from me, the parent, to decide the correct time to educate my son about sex. I was given the chance to have my son sit in the library while the class was conducted, but that had it's own negative ramifications.

I chose to educate my son before the class and then let him compare and contrast the information from both sources.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Is NAMBLA real or is it just made up?

I remember someone awhile back from The High Road linking a NAMBLA website(obviously talking about how disgusting it is) and I've always wondered if it is real or if it is some anti-homosexual lobbyist that made it to make gays (specifically gay males) look bad.

Ummm - go to the wilder side of San Francisco (or any major city - but more so San Francisco). You'll find that it is quite real...

Hey there are whack jobs that make gun owners as a group, look bad, right??? Why would it not work for other groups...

which leads to the following:

ArmedProgrammer's new Law of Groups: No matter what Group you are in - there's always another group or person that's MORE whacked than you are that insists on making you look bad.

As evidence - consider that most of us have reasonable - if a bit odd - avatars... and then there's 360 and printcraft... :D

Top Bottom