• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Twice.

On one occasion a gentleman that appeared to be either mentally unstable or high attempted to rush me while I was getting in my truck. I placed my hand on my handgun and he turned 90 degrees and took off.

Second occasion was when a drunkard pulled a knife on some people. I drew and kept at retention. His friend saw my posture and talked him down and they left.

hokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Fanny packs are the new drop-legs guys! I guarantee before the end of the year most LE and anyone who's anyone will be switching their duty rigs over to them.

They free up your thigh so you can do rolls better.

As for OP's question, never have had to, hopefully never will.

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    I had a bunch of zombies out back, made short work of them. but they turned out to be just paper targets, still it was fun.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just wanted to know how many on this forum have used a firearm to protect themselves or others?.For me it would be once ,didn't have to pull it all of the way out of the fanny pack ,after seeing my hand go in the 3 bangers took off.

I just might attack someone if I saw them wearing a fanny pack just on general principle. That could go poorly for me if they're carrying a gun in it.

Well, you do have a bit of that gang-banger look about you...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just wanted to know how many on this forum have used a firearm to protect themselves or others?.For me it would be once ,didn't have to pull it all of the way out of the fanny pack ,after seeing my hand go in the 3 bangers took off.

Once.....4 teen thugs approached me while I was filling up my SUV.....one slipped a knife out..as soon as I saw it I drew. They wet themselves and ran off.

BTW...this was at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday, at the BP station right across the street from Jeff High School (in the Rural King area strip mall).

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Never, but I only started to carry last fall.

Hopefully I never have to pull it out, and I OC so I probably wont ever get the chance since it's already there and I don't have to surprise anyone.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I've pulled it hundreds of times over the course of my career in LE, only had to fire it once.

Technically, yes. Thanks for your service.

Edited to add: I've pulled it once off-duty but it was to stop a crime in progress that I happened to wind up in the middle of. Never had to pull it to protect myself or family.

Frank you have the right to remain silent..........I suggest you use it!!!! :popcorn:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    images

Top Bottom