• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Just wanted to know how many on this forum have used a firearm to protect themselves or others?.For me it would be once ,didn't have to pull it all of the way out of the fanny pack ,after seeing my hand go in the 3 bangers took off.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Just wanted to know how many on this forum have used a firearm to protect themselves or others?.For me it would be once ,didn't have to pull it all of the way out of the fanny pack ,after seeing my hand go in the 3 bangers took off.

Does it count if I was on a foot patrol in Iraq?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Fanny pack. Nice. Nice.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    A strange question to be asked from someone so new to the forum.

I helped stop an invading army of watermelons a couple of different times, and that steel plate out back keeps eyeing me funny.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Well couldn't think of any other questions to ask an i thought this would be better then just short reply ,an the fanny pack was 14 yrs ago.Just wanted to contribute.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Twice, one involved a fanny pack and a panhandler in downtown Indy.

The second involved 4 lowrider / wanna b gangbangers following my wife and her girlfriend walking down the sidewalk on International Dr. in Orlando. Needless to say they were extremely surprised when the girls split and I walked between them coming from the opposite direction holding a .38 spl. Thank God for cellphones!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just might attack someone if I saw them wearing a fanny pack just on general principle. That could go poorly for me if they're carrying a gun in it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Or one of those big combs. Or a pet rock.

Big Comb! <shudder>

What if they also have chewing gum? And they stick it in my hair? So then I have gum in my hair, which everyone knows is fatal.

THEN, what if instead of just allowing me to die peacefully of Gum Hair(tm), they use that biga** comb to comb the gum and essentially pave my skull with gum? WITH GUM.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just found my old Uncle Mikes fanny pack last week. I used to keep it with my softball gear while I played. I'll keep it around incase it ever comes back in style.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just found my old Uncle Mikes fanny pack last week. I used to keep it with my softball gear while I played. I'll keep it around incase it ever comes back in style.

I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but much like the so-called "leisure suit," fanny packs were never actually in style.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That depends... I wonder what the draw time from a fanny pack is...

With the uncle Mike's fanny pack, it has the Velcro compartment and with practice, I got pretty quick at it. If I left about 3/4 of an inch of the velcro undone, 2 fingers of my strong side hand could go right in to my pistol grip.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    With the uncle Mike's fanny pack, it has the Velcro compartment and with practice, I got pretty quick at it. If I left about 3/4 of an inch of the velcro undone, 2 fingers of my strong side hand could go right in to my pistol grip.
    I wasn't actually looking for an answer, the question was rhetorical in nature :).

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Just want to get that ^^ quoted before he realizes how ripe that is for sig fodder and edits it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just wanted to know how many on this forum have used a firearm to protect themselves or others?.

I've pulled it hundreds of times over the course of my career in LE, only had to fire it once.

Does it count if I was on a foot patrol in Iraq?

Technically, yes. Thanks for your service.

Edited to add: I've pulled it once off-duty but it was to stop a crime in progress that I happened to wind up in the middle of. Never had to pull it to protect myself or family.

Top Bottom