• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess my thinking is that if I can't hit something in 10 rds. then I don't need to be shooting at it. I do get the extra mag for clearing purposes I had not really thought about that.
    Thanks for all the opinions
    Ben
    There's lots of reasons to carry an extra loaded mag. It's just all a personal preference.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I guess my thinking is that if I can't hit something in 10 rds. then I don't need to be shooting at it. I do get the extra mag for clearing purposes I had not really thought about that.
    Thanks for all the opinions
    Ben

If you shoot at something 10 times and can't hit it, yeah. There are, however, things you can hit all 10 times and not put them down, and some of them are (loosely described as) human. Read about ketamine and phencyclidine, particularly.

I carry 12+1 .45 Gold Dots, and 0-2 14 rd mags, depending where I have to go. I hope to be able to stop something and/or get away, with that.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    For the 1911, its 8+1, and an extra mag of 8 in the back pocket, with 2 more mags in the glovebox.

For the LC9, its 7+1 and 7.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Glock 26, 12 +1 in chamber....got the Glock +2 extended mag. For the Makarov, I have 9 (8 in the mag, 1 in the chamber). For both, a second mag is loaded and at an arms reach.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    16 in the gun and 15 in a spare mag. If I encounter a situation that can't be resolved with 31 available rounds, I'll throw the gun at them and run like hell.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    17+1 9mm in a Walther PPQ. If I end up getting something smaller, like that Kahr MK9 I've been eyeballing, I'd probably carry two extra mags and no less than one extra, to make up for its inherent low round count. He mags are small and thin single stacks so hiding them won't be an issue.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Yes you should. Put one in the chamber, 6 in the magazine. If you need the gun do you have time to rack the slide to chamber a round?
    Intellectually I know you are right...Emotionally, I just have a problem with a hot round so close to my crown jewels....

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    10 + 1 glock 26 in winter and 6+1 kahr p380 in summer. Ive never found a good place for an extra mag after i load up keys, phone, wallet

Top Bottom