• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I have ass-loads of vintage .22 firearms.
    I don't care if I ever shoot them. I used them to teach my boys, and they love the .22s.
    For me, .22s bore the snot out of me.
    For me, I like shooting to be an assault on the senses.
    For me, .22s are like kissing your sister.

And I do mean YOUR sister... :tumbleweed::puke: :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a 10/22, but not any longer, I was not very impressed with it. I also at one time had a Kel-Tec SU-22, and it was junk. Currently I have:

1. Buckmark
    2. Henry lever action
    3. Savage MKIIFV
    4. Marlin 925R
    5. Remington 597

sb22lr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Beretta 70 Jaguar
    Beretta Bobcat
    Ruger MKIII
    Plinkerton
    Henry
    Marlin 795

22s are so cheap to shoot. $15 worth of ammo goes a long way. The Beretta Jaguar is one of the sweetest shooting guns i have ever owned. I always bring the Plinkerton to shoot any of the rounds that jam or FTF in the other guns.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    i've had my grandpa's glenfield model 60 for more than 20 years. used to put 100+ rounds a week through it as a kid, but i haven't had it out for a few years now. my wife has mentioned wanting to try some target shooting; might have to let her get her toes wet with it. either way, it's been too long, gonna have to break it out again soon.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had not seen this thread until now, but the rambling, drunken OP was sort of entertaining. It was sad to see no love for the Marlin Model 60 though. I don't know what more you could ask for out of a .22 rifle. They are cheap, reliable and accurate. My only complaint is that mine tends to get gunked up fairly easy, but it still shoots just fine. I can't complain about accuracy though. Mine will pop balloons bouncing in the wind out to at least 150 yds. I'm definitely not the best shot in the world either, so I'm sure it's capable of more than I can do with it. For about a hundred bucks, what more can you ask for?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I do enjoy some .22 Rimfire... LR, Shorts, magnums, all of it!
    Just like Zoomie's "sister choice"...sometimes kinda dirty but always cheap and fun.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sombody must like .22's Saw shooting USA show profile of CCI and I think the crank out 1 million rnds a day. Now multiply that by Federal, Remington, Winchester........:ar15:

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I happened to have picked up a new Marlin 795 today on sale ($99 after I put the stamp on the envelope with a $25 rebate inside). Will be fun for plinking and teaching my young son who recently turned 5.

pbook1952

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    What's not to like about a 22 ? It's so cheap and easy to shoot. They will knock down anything from a mouse to a moose if the shots good enough. I have both hand guns and rifles. By the way, it's a gun and can we have to many ???

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    22's are my all time favorite to shoot....Good accuracy and very cost friendly...It's a lot of fun to see just how far you can push those little rimfires....

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Bring your .22rf's to Silver Creek. We shoot steel once a month. Minimum round count, 250 if you shoot the rifle match. Plus you can shoot your rifle either relay during the pistol match. All steel, instant gratification and lots of fun. 4th saturday of the month, 10:30 am start time.

Top Bottom