• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If there is one gun that every firearms owners should have, it is a good .22 rifle. How can you not love em. My guess is that most of us here learned to shoot on dad's .22. For me it was an old Winchester Model 52. Way too big for a new shooter, but somehow I managed. Over the years I have bought and sold my share of rimfires and even shot small bore in college. So what are my favorites over the years?

1) Dad's Winchester
    2) The Ruger 77/22 my wife let me get as a wedding present
    3) Browning Buckmark Pistols - All Hail John Moses Browning
    4) Smith & Wesson Model 41 - Shows the Europeans that America can build a target gun too.

Heck I'll even give a nod to the 10/22 and Marlin Mod 60. I have had my share of these as well over the years. My five year old son already has a 10/22 CRR waiting for him. Won't be long!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I get a real kick out of 22s and think they make great practice guns but they are deadly too. I have an acquaintance that killed his wife and himself with a 22. Had to shoot himself twice in the head to make it work. Nothing I would recommend.

Here is one of my favorites, a Russian Margolin olympic pistol.

margolin1uc5.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    It should be law that every young lad learns to shoot a .22 before moving on, of course the chain of command would be a wrist rocket, then a red rider, then a .22;
    and of course I am not suggesting new gun laws, but that one I could live with. After all it is assumed fact (not sure what that really means) that .22's have killed more game in the U.S. than any other cal.

-Medic

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It should be law that every young lad learns to shoot a .22 before moving on, of course the chain of command would be a wrist rocket, then a pump air rifle, then a .22;

Fixed that. ;):D Pump air rifle - make 'em work for that shot!

I want another one of these like I had as a kid. Not an ultra powerful air rifle but enough to sting those dang raccoons that keep crapping on my deck since my dog was euthanized a couple of months ago. :shoot: If I touch off anything with powder, FPDshooter or one of his coworkers will come visit me. :)

1377c-2.jpg

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Drunken 22 owners

I have been power drinking since I started reading this post I think at last count I have 23 22s I love all of you man

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Funny you have been power drinking, yet you don't sound like Ruger.....

Are you sure it is 23 22s or is 22 23s??

Maybe you should look again.

handyman1028

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    rem 597
    savage mark II bolt action
    sig mosiqitoe
    stevens arms lil scout

rem was the first gun i bought. love my double deuce's

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I used to not think much of 22s until I shot a friend's that had a scope. Thought that was neat as hell (since I actually hit the target where I was aiming for a change!!!) and now I could eat 'em up like butter cookies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Favorite gun to shoot. We use self-resetting targets, clays, and other shooting games. Add a Silencer and its just that much more fun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    My dad and I still have a Marlin model 60 that he bought new at K-mart in the late 1960's for $39.95. We also have 2 Ruger 10-22's in stainless that we bought for $140.00 ea many years ago. I have a stainless Ruger MK II handgun and he has a brand new in the box unfired Colt Woodsman and 1 other that has had about 1 box fired through it, still in the box as well. We always liked the .22LR but lately are showing a big interest in the .17HMR instead. The .17HMR is nasty and really does a number on critters and is also very accurate. Is the .17HMR the replacement for the .22LR? No, absolutely not, but it is very nice to accompany it! :twocents:

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    you got to start earlier to sound like ol dad.just got a kimber too.thanks mikea46996

mikea46996

Sharpshooter
    supporter.gif

reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif

Funny you have been power drinking, yet you don't sound like Ruger

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    ruger, you sure you had a couple beers and not a couple energy drinks? I do love .22's as well. My favorite is my 10/22 I got several years ago. I have added to it with a custom trigger job and a dragunov style stock but it is by far my favorite gun. I have a couple .22 handguns as well but I'm not as much of a fan of them as I am of my 10/22

Top Bottom