• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    They're more simplistic than a semi or pump (and generally less prone to failure), can be made lighter for carry in the field, easier to carry (break the action and put it on your shoulder), can be shown as safe (by breaking open the action) easier, allow for two chokes as opposed to one, and are all around classier/nicer looking than a semi/pump action.

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    ^^^^^^
    I agree with this. When I started shooting Trap, I didn't have any shotgun except a 20 gauge semi-auto.

Bought an O/U 12 gauge and feel it was the best way to enter the sport. Really pleased I did. It's the old school and proper approach to the sport IMO...

Same here - love my o/u for trap, skeet and sporting clays. A few guys I shoot with use autoloaders, but I really like my o/u for the feel and simplicity.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I prefer O/Us but a double shotgun for deer............always thought one of these would be cool.........

PROFESSIONAL-2T.jpg

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Have always loved a good o/u. I also have a soft spot for walking the woods with a 16 gauge SxS on my shoulder. Takes me back to the good times I had with my Granddad.

-G

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I think they are gorgeous, some are truly works of art. While I am a fan, I don't own one. I don't have a real purpose for one and can't justify that much money for something just to look at. I'm envious of the guys with a nice one, though.

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    O/U Vote

Love my O/U for skeet. Started with a pump which was OK to learn on but by no means the way to go if you are going to be serious about it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A "gentleman's gun" :D

I've been wanting one but after you said this, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable having one...unless I can fake it til I make it. Might pick an O/U and a SxS for use as a field gun. I've got plenty of shotguns but you can't ever have too many.

The tacticool one looks disgusting.

Top Bottom