• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hey Joe,
    Does your Mark III have any trouble feeding those Winchester Xpert cartridges? Or should I say Sean's Mark III?
    My Mark III does not like them much. The flat nose seems to hang up on the feed ramp.

Yeah, the Xperts give it a little trouble. This gun isn't alone in that! They are tough feeders even from a bolt. But they are usually pretty accurate. The Federals are my preferred choice in bulk ammo.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Wished I would have gotten at Mark II. I have a Mark III 22/45. Great shooter; but, the Mag Disconnect Safety is causing problems with Mags dropping cleanly. Kinda suck for Steel Comp. Otherwise no issues.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I've got the MK 512. Use it for Steel Plates at NPCCC in Chesterton. Its bone stock except for the grip. Its my "go to" gun for teaching new shooters. Someday I'll buy another and have the custom work done.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey Joe,
    Does your Mark III have any trouble feeding those Winchester Xpert cartridges? Or should I say Sean's Mark III?
    My Mark III does not like them much. The flat nose seems to hang up on the feed ramp.

Mine doesn't like them either. I shoot CCI anything and it has worked flawlessly. 500 rounds with these and no hicups. I have had my mark III for a couple months.

Ted 40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    mkII competition target model, millet red-dot sights, volquartson trigger group.
    I have shot Bullseye league in winter.

Gun shoots great, only limited by my skill. League shooting has helped me learn lots---I find that in general all club members are very willing to help anyone, make suggestions, even loan out their guns.
    I Would strongly reccomend any new shooter find and join a local gun club!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've had several of them over the years. Always need to have one around. Right now I've only got one, but it's a lot of fun...

Lukeplaying025.jpg

As it sits now with some 'improvements'

picture.php

Doug K

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have an older MKI Standard (1976 Bicentennial model). It is my favorite shooter of all time...it goes to the range more often than any other gun I have. I recently found some NOS Pachmeyer grips still in the box on eBay, and another magazine at the Holt Rd. gun show. I just plink and target, no competition.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Look at that trigger finger ! Was taught well. Where does the credit go ? Joe or the Mrs ? :D

Parenting is a team effort!

That trigger finger got me my current job, believe it or not. I'd been trying to get it for a while, and I wasn't the only one. We stopped in just to look at some guns, and the department manager took note of Sean's gun handling, and asked if I still wanted to work there. He says that seeing how well taught Sean is gave him some assurance that I wouldn't be ignorant with his guns. Sometimes, it's the little things that set you apart from the crowd. In this case, it was that fact that even at 10 my boy takes his gun handling seriously. If he didn't, he wouldn't have that gun!

Top Bottom