• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think the key distinction in this story is 'beat to death'; and beat to death after saying 'I feel like killing someone'. At what point is this okay for an undercover anything to do?

His statement also rules out any of those other hypothetical circumstances some have been throwing out like chaff and flares.
    Yup. Someone who was fighting for his life wouldn't be on top of the guy beating him to death. Good, law-abiding people stop when the threat is stopped. If they don't, regardless of what they were when the fight started, they have now become the aggressor and fair game for someone to employ deadly force to stop it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think the key distinction in this story is 'beat to death'; and beat to death after saying 'I feel like killing someone'. At what point is this okay for an undercover anything to do?

His statement also rules out any of those other hypothetical circumstances some have been throwing out like chaff and flares.

This

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I'm sure I would have stopped the punk.

I stopped the beating of a young man by a pair of much larger assailants only to find myself the victim. As it turned out, the limo that I hadn't noticed in the back of the parking lot unloaded and I found myself in a fight with several angry and very drunk a_ _holes. The young man made his escape while I took a beating. Had I been in fear for my life I think I would have drawn my weapon. I did have opportunities to fire from several different subdued (On the ground with a pair of broken glasses and a bleeding badly and dislocated nose) but refrained from doing so. One last kick to the head however almost got the best of me however. In reality I guess I am lucky to be alive and not incarcerated. Mind my own business and be a good witness? Well.........I almost got it right.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where do you aim your gun on a guy beating another one up? Head, ribs, leg?
    How do you clear the innocents from downrange beyond the target?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Where do you aim your gun on a guy beating another one up? Head, ribs, leg?

a: yes.

b: practice. It's the same way you clear downrange when hunting, or doing target practice. Look and make a decision.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...It's the same way you clear downrange when hunting, or doing target practice. Look and make a decision.

Very good point! What if you you don't have a safe shot, knowing where the bullet will stop?
    Do just stand there and watch the guy get beat to death?

Top Bottom