• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I wouldn't tell him to stop. He's just get some in the brain box. Or whatever first clear shot I had.

This right here ^ .

If the time comes for you to get your hands dirty , you make up your mind that it's the right thing for you to be doing , you don't make a big speech out of it and you damn sure don't give the sob a warning .

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I was younger, I did step into such situations to help people.

I'd like to think I would help now too, but I would be a lot more careful because:

• I am nowhere near as strong as I was back then. I'm significantly stronger than the average adult male, but with other factors that's not enough for me anymore.
    • I am nowhere near as mobile as I was back then. I have one leg that is about 75% useful, and one that is less than half with a loss of sensation from the knee down that doesn't provide much feedback or proprioception. If I go down, I'm not capable of doing much on the ground anymore and it's going to take me a while to get back up.
    • For those reasons, I am nowhere near as quick as I was back then, another strike.
    • I'm not as idealistic as I was then and now I fully comprehend my own mortality.

On the other hand, I'm more assertive now and I have a really loud voice. Plus a whistle.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I couldn't stand by. I have witnessed crimes before, and I have always stepped in to help the victims. It is simply how I was raised. May not be the wisest thing, but I am guilt free.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I was younger, I did step into such situations to help people.

I'd like to think I would help now too, but I would be a lot more careful because:

• I am nowhere near as strong as I was back then. I'm significantly stronger than the average adult male, but with other factors that's not enough for me anymore.
    • I am nowhere near as mobile as I was back then. I have one leg that is about 75% useful, and one that is less than half with a loss of sensation from the knee down that doesn't provide much feedback or proprioception. If I go down, I'm not capable of doing much on the ground anymore and it's going to take me a while to get back up.
    • For those reasons, I am nowhere near as quick as I was back then, another strike.
    • I'm not as idealistic as I was then and now I fully comprehend my own mortality.

On the other hand, I'm more assertive now and I have a really loud voice. Plus a whistle.

Well stated. And i concur.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    48 posts in, someone finally mentions pepper spray. :rockwoot:

Bring a gun into a fist fight and orange will be your new black.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    48 posts in, someone finally mentions pepper spray. :rockwoot:

Bring a gun into a fist fight and orange will be your new black.

I'm guessing it will depend on what the jury says. If the police arrest you. And if the prosecutor goes forward with the charges.
    I'm thinking a guy mentioning he wants to kill someone, then commences doing it, might be your case for preventing a forcible felony.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Old man???? You are on the list!

and yeah, I'm not the guy who will stand and watch.
    Whoa! Easy there F48.:):
    I know, I know. We're all (350,000,000 +) on the list.
    Just by your post, I don't figure you for the springer show.
    It is troubling though how a crowd of people could just stand around and let this happen.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    There you go. You are rolling the dice, depending on a whole lot of things that are not known.
    To start with, guns are banned on Amtrak:
    Amtrak - Plan - Policies - Baggage Policy & Service - Prohibited Items
    But one thing we do know, a man will not have the opportunity to defend his innocence but his killer will have another opportunity for freedom (bail) and it's day in court. Hopefully the demonic loon will not have the same public jury that witnessed the crime. If he does, he will be a free killer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's certainly what it looks like when you only have one tool. :)
    Well, I'd use my ninja power, but with 7 twists in my spine, a herniated disc, and a pinched nerve, they seem to be lacking.
    if badguy stops, fine. If not, then you are stopping a forcible felony, and protecting a life.
    If you are convicted, you're probably in California.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, I'd use my ninja power, but with 7 twists in my spine, a herniated disc, and a pinched nerve, they seem to be lacking.
    if badguy stops, fine. If not, then you are stopping a forcible felony, and protecting a life.
    If you are convicted, you're probably in California.

You are making the case against yourself here ^^^.
    All things you do not know, only presume. What will be known is that...
    "There was a fight, someone pulled out a gun and shot the other party."
    No different than what is reported about thugs in the news nearly every day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom