• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The easy part of getting a pistol you like is the one that fits your hand. The expensive part is going thru a large amount of holsters to find the one you will like and use. Like a woman with shoes or purses. Does this holster make me look fat?

I have four different holsters for my EDC. Which one I use depends on the situation.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I don't carry. After Newtown<Newton?> I decided it was time to start getting the hardware in place to carry....but it will probably take a while to get used to it.

Something else I've been working on for the last 10 yrs or so...my wife isn't against guns but she prefers not to see mine(although she used to get shivers<bad kind> when she saw my rifle with the bayonet in it)...but she's gotten more used to it. I'm slowly working on her.

RGR12

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    In this day and age I could not imagine not to carry. You have shootings happening every where. Just like the old saying goes. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    I don't carry, simply because I'm a college student with a part-time job as a service technician, which requires me to drive into that vast anti-2a wasteland to our west on a nearly daily basis, and I don't know my schedule ahead of time. I'd love to carry, but would hate to get a felony conviction, especially this early in my life, and loose my rights to own or carry a gun. It sucks, but at the very least my home is protected.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I carry on body whenever I leave the house. If I can't carry on me, I carry in my purse. I even have a couple pocket knives in my purse, mostly because I like them, but hey, I might need them someday too. Eventually one of them will make it to a pocket or my gun belt so it is more accessible.

I wear my gun OWB. Most of the time I forget I am carrying. I usually carry around the house until I put my jammies on. Even then my gun isn't too far from reach.

I had my LTCH for a few months before I started carrying on a regular basis. After my town had it's 6th murder and I had a few instances that made me wish I had my gun with me, I started carrying on a daily basis.

I'm a petite female, I would be no match for most men hell bent on evil. I am just leveling the playing field.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I don't carry for the simple fact that I don't feel it's the responsible thing to do until I get more training. I can't say with any degree of certainty that I would be able to appropriately respond to a bad situation in the real world without making it worse.

Closing that gap is one of my big goals for 2013.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My profession does not permit me to carry, but I do when not at work. It is a relatively new thing to me, as I've always been a more of a long gun guy till the last few years. Once I started carrying I have made it a point to do so whenever possible/ prudent.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    It varies, depending on several conditions.

It only took about a week for me and 10 days for my mom.
    Others on here have been waiting months.

Mine hit a snag because of some past legal issues, then the application got buried for a couple months. I called ISP, they dug it up, verified it and sent it on for a signature while I waited on hold, about 5 minutes.

Should have called way sooner.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I don't carry... yet. After a long hiatus from enjoying guns I finally got the wife on board and I'm back in it. I just haven't gotten my ltch just yet, and I want to take a couple of defensive pistol classes before I make it a daily thing. I really, REALLY need to get in on that.

Same here with the kids growing up, it was on the back burner. Now the kids are ready to carry, and I'm scrambling to get them lic. I'll start carrying more just as soon as I can zero in, and get a little practice going.

satchmo72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    To the OP, I would imagine here you will have more people admit that they carry. It's what the site is about but the guitar sites I frequent may not be as casual about it. I just got called out by an Aussie for mentioning it.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    My 2¢ on the the "Do I carry?" question. Not as much as I would like to. My work has a "no weapons" rule so my truck ends up CCing more than I do.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I don't carry. After Newtown<Newton?> I decided it was time to start getting the hardware in place to carry....but it will probably take a while to get used to it.

Something else I've been working on for the last 10 yrs or so...my wife isn't against guns but she prefers not to see mine(although she used to get shivers<bad kind> when she saw my rifle with the bayonet in it)...but she's gotten more used to it. I'm slowly working on her.

Have you ever or would she be taken to a range ???

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    My wife enjoys picking out her shoes and outfit. I enjoy picking out holster and gun to carry each day. Id say you are minority.
    Honey, does my Glock 19 make my butt look fat? I ask if this, insert pistol here, goes with my shoes? The wife just laughs, and says, their both black, so yeah, they match.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom