• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Hey I am fairly new here and have kind of a random question. I picked up myfirst Pistol around 5 months ago, a SR9C, and have absolutely no desire tocarry. Now I am not against people carrying and I am glad that those do carry Ijust don't really feel it necessary to try to dress around a gun or have one on me. Is that pretty common or am I a minority?

No need to dress around a gun. Plenty of ways to carry and not really alter your daily attire.

As to not feeling necessary to have one on you... you don't watch the news, do you?

kingpin1779

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    near covington
    how many carry

i think the question should be, how many would protect ones family? to carry or not to carry is up to the individual. i would hope that i have the guts to defend my family useing any means possible. or someone elses family for that matter.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Yes, I probably am in the minority, but I do not typically carry unless going to the range. I believe in the right to carry and have my LTC, but I also believe it is my choice to not carry. I have not felt compelled to carry. In the areas I tend to travel it just doesn't seem warranted.

Maybe a poor analogy, but liken it to carrying extra food with me everywhere I go just in case I get hungry. If situation seemed to warrant it, then I might, but just not normal routine. If situation seemed to warrant carrying a concelled handgun, I do believe in our rights to do so.

Should I decide to carry, then I would still need to work through it with my dear wife. She is definitely not comfortable with me carrying.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Been carrying for two years. I will not be caught unprepared. In the Fort, at last count, eight home invasions in one weekend. All in "good" parts of town that are supposed to be safe. The bad boys know where the money can be found, and have started making house calls.

The local malls and shopping centers remain good hunting grounds for the bad boys, too. In the past, our local media highlighted the violence in the southeast quadrant, and in the central city area, but the bad boys did not get the message and have started visiting the suburbs.

The Fort is a great place to live and raise a family, but evil resides everywhere. I intend to protect my wife and my life to the best of my ability. I will not go quietly into the night.

GEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Where I belong
    I don't carry to work, but when I'm home I like to. I want my gun to feel like it's a part of me ... and want to be confident with it. We live in the country and you never know what weird critter will show up ... animal or human LOL. But it's a personal choice, like IndyDave said.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes, I probably am in the minority, but I do not typically carry unless going to the range. I believe in the right to carry and have my LTC, but I also believe it is my choice to not carry. I have not felt compelled to carry. In the areas I tend to travel it just doesn't seem warranted.

Maybe a poor analogy, but liken it to carrying extra food with me everywhere I go just in case I get hungry. If situation seemed to warrant it, then I might, but just not normal routine. If situation seemed to warrant carrying a concelled handgun, I do believe in our rights to do so.

Should I decide to carry, then I would still need to work through it with my dear wife. She is definitely not comfortable with me carrying.

I respect your choice, but not a good analogy.
    If you are hungry, you're probably not going to die if you don't get food right away.
    I keep 1st aid kits in car, garage, bathroom, backpack. Because if I need them, I need them soon.
    If I need a gun, it's going to be even "sooner".

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I am not permitted to carry at work. Other than that, I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to. I have the ability to protect myself and the people around me from those that would do harm. If I fail to to that, I feel like I am being irresponsible.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    I am always armed. It's been a normal routine while getting dressed for years, as the belt is going on, knife, spare mag or speed loaders and holstered handgun just seem to jump right on for the ride :D

Top Bottom