• How many guns do you own

• Total voters

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A friend tonight asked how many Dracos should one man own. I replied it depends on how many sets of dinner China your wife has. As long as it's less than a 1:1 ratio you're OK. You never know when you're going to have a lot of people over you want to entertain, right?

This led me to wonder how many guns the members here own. I've heard the "why do you need more than one" comment so many times I'd like some reference points for the next conversation.

I'm at 3, but 4th is on the way thanks to UPS. (side question, it's shipping to FFL but on UPS.com I can change the destination before it arrives. Does UPS let you do that with guns or is it locked due to potential hazardous shipment?)

upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this poll. But, I think the ceiling on this poll should be higher. I'm at 23, and feel like I'm just really getting started.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have one friend that opened his safe to show me his collection and it was like I was in a candy store. I couldn't even venture a guess how many were in there, and it's a BIG safe...

Also, I think a related poll that would be just as, if not more, interesting would be: "How many guns have you owned in your lifetime". Some people buy and never sell; some buy & sell like trading cards...

This is where I got my personal gun rule #3: NEVER SELL THAT WHICH HAS BEEN HANDED DOWN TO YOU... no matter how bad you need the money.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I have five, but I only started collecting this year. I know the next 3 that I want, but just have to decide on the order?:dunno:

I think a good number would be 1 per gun show (attending 4 shows per year); that would add up pretty quickly. :yesway: If I snag one more this year, I could have 10 by the end of next year?:rockwoot:

Top Bottom