[FONT=&amp]Ok, sometimes a G42 if necessary. [/FONT]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have two pistols that I shoot on a regular basis. I currently carry a Shield, but my goal is to carry my 2.0 Compact. I want to have one gun to do it all but right now the 2.0 is still a bit large. I am going to buy a different holster to see if I can get a better fit and possibly conceal it better.

Though I try to shoot my Shield 1 for 1 with the Compact, it doesn't work out due to me using the Compact for training classes so I still get more rounds through it. Plus I have a red dot on the Compact and irons on the Shield.

I'm still sorting out how it will all come together. If I decide that the Shield is what I need to carry, then I'll put a red dot on it. If not, I'd just as well save the money.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    3 myself. I have a cerakoted Makarov that I've had since the wall fell and I carry that if I'm going somewhere crowded in the summer. I can shoot better and faster with it than any other pistol I have and it's 100% cerakoted so sweat won't bother it at all.

I also have a SAR K2P which is just a Turkish clone of a CZ75 polymer compact. I carry it when I'm going somewhere where the **** may hit the fan. It's a full power 9 with (3) 19 round mags, a tack driver with an amazing trigger, and it hides well especially around now when I wear a coat.

The rest of the time I carry a Walther CCP M2. I hated it when I first bought it, but now that I understand how it works I absolutely love it.

This may be out of the scope intended here, but I also have a CZ Scorpion that I carry in a backpack in my trunk these days.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I only have one...a G43

I have thoughts about the G43XL with the 15 round mag but the 365XL is pretty nice also.

There was a point where I had five C.C. pistols and decided.....WHY?

And trimmed it all down to one. I would like a bit more capacity though.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Typically run between a few depending on attire. 3 are roughly the same. Shoot all of them regularly.
    1911 Springfield Champion 45acp
    XDm45
    1911 Sig 4" in 45acp
    Kimber K6s
    1911 Kimber 10mm

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    3 in current rotation

1) Bersa .380 when I am in my comfort zone - summer
    2) S&W .38 snubbie when I am in my comfort zone - winter
    3) CZ PCR compact 9mm when I feel a little less comfortable

Of course the one is none and two is one rule applies.........which is why at least 3 or more of everything is prudent:):

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    M&P .45 Shield with 7 rd mag in a IWB or vest pocket. With the vest, spare mag in other pocket. Otherwise, spare mag rides in left hip pocket. Various others to choose from, but I find this to be the best option for CC for me.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Gregkl,

Depends on the weather and what I'm feeling, but I typically have a crossbreed holster. Sometimes it's own, sometimes, pwd concealed, sometimes appendix. As a tall guy with a guy I don't usually carry appendix, but it works well if I'm going to standing mostly.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Gregkl,

Depends on the weather and what I'm feeling, but I typically have a crossbreed holster. Sometimes it's own, sometimes, pwd concealed, sometimes appendix. As a tall guy with a guy I don't usually carry appendix, but it works well if I'm going to standing mostly.

First class I took with Coach I had started carrying AIWB. He was not fond of that carry style. I put my other holster on at 0300, IWB, to test the different scenarios.

Well on one of the courses I grabbed for the gun in an empty holster. Would have possibly gotten me shot if the scene was real. Now I keep the gun in the same place all the time. I switched back to 0300 because of all the physical work I do. I liked AIWB until I started bending so much throughout the day.

The same reason I carry the same gun every day. Saw more than one person in a class forget to thumb a safety because they didn't normally carry that pistol.

I have to keep it simple in every day routines, otherwise if it got real I don't know what I would do.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    First class I took with Coach I had started carrying AIWB. He was not fond of that carry style. I put my other holster on at 0300, IWB, to test the different scenarios.

Well on one of the courses I grabbed for the gun in an empty holster. Would have possibly gotten me shot if the scene was real. Now I keep the gun in the same place all the time. I switched back to 0300 because of all the physical work I do. I liked AIWB until I started bending so much throughout the day.

The same reason I carry the same gun every day. Saw more than one person in a class forget to thumb a safety because they didn't normally carry that pistol.

I have to keep it simple in every day routines, otherwise if it got real I don't know what I would do.

I can't agree with you more! Appendix carry is great when aren't bending down, but for consistency purposes, I carry OWB/IWB at the same position anymore.

Top Bottom