How many burned out hulks do you have near your house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call it the season for house fires. Call it urban renewal through happenstance. But, there seems to be a lot of house fires lately.

There was a house about two and a half blocks north from me that burned just a little bit and has been boarded up every since. Then, there was a child fatality in a house fire one block south and one block west of me about 4 years ago, and that place has stood vacant and boarded up ever since. Then, there was the little arsonist, Nate Johnson, who burned the house right next to mine last year.

Now, this year, the house direct across the alley from Nate's former digs/target burned as the temperatures started to dip. I didn't notice that fact (just catty corner across the alley from me) for about a week and a half. And just now, I discovered that the house across the street to the south from that child fatality has just burned in the last couple of days.

That gives a tally of five houses, four of which still stand (for want of a better word), within a 3 block radius from my base of operations.

And the kerosene heating season is just getting started.

So, how many burned out hulks do you have near your house?

(P.S. Burned out cars don't count, but motor homes might.)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Can't recall seeing any in my town. There have been a couple of fires in town over the years, but I assume they rebuilt. Nothing even like that nearby, then again, I don't live in a crappy place.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    None around here. But Indy takes up a lot of space. There were a couple that made the news over the weekend. One a grease fire that I recall. Don't know that the cause for the other was mentioned. Now, when I lived in Hanover, the Louisville news seemed to have one on every night.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Note to self: don't move anywhere near Cathy!

I haven't noticed too many around here. There is one up on 86th (out in the county) that burnt a while back and is still rotting. Another near me is being rebuilt (burnt 2 years ago), and a 3rd was rebuilt within a year of burning (maybe 5 years go). All accidental, I believe. Not all that many meth lab fires right nearby, and no firebugs that I know of.

Still fires are one of the more common SHTF scenarios. Be Prepared!

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    There has only been on fire in the neighborhood, and is still hasn't been rebuilt some 3 years on. The slab is still present, and from what I have heard one of the neighbors has purchased the lot in order to build a house for their parents on the existing slab. But that's all that's been said. Hopefully that's all that we end up with.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Note to self: don't move anywhere near Cathy!

I haven't noticed too many around here. There is one up on 86th (out in the county) that burnt a while back and is still rotting. Another near me is being rebuilt (burnt 2 years ago), and a 3rd was rebuilt within a year of burning (maybe 5 years go). All accidental, I believe. Not all that many meth lab fires right nearby, and no firebugs that I know of.

Still fires are one of the more common SHTF scenarios. Be Prepared!

A wise suggestion, my flammable friend. Muahahahahah!

I think I live too close and I know I don't live anywhere near Cathy.....

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    None around my house, but a lot on the news in urban hell:lmfao:I assume a lot of people are trying to heat with stoves and other appliances that aren't meant to heat a house, at least that's what the fire dept. lady says?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    There haven't been any house fires in my neighborhood for a few years. When I moved up to the east side the fire department was on my block every other day it seemed but, only a handful of burnt out houses remained.

Top Bottom