• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Being a responsible gun owner is really about more than how many guns you can carry, if your packing 2 guns more power to you,

But if your in that bad of place then unless it is 100% essential that you be there Don't go,

Self protection is more than about packing and being aware of every movement around you. Its about planning not to be in harms way. Although bad things happen everyplace there are area's , times, ect that you increase your risk.

It's very important that you reduce your risk as well as be prepared.

If you have any data where a private citizen in defense of themselves and family had to resort to a second gun, or a second Mag (reload) please share them. I think for the extra weight your carring that you might replace one pistol with an extra mag and spend time in some of the excelent training offered in the area

That my 2 cents, on 2 guns,

That being said I happen to have 2 pistols avialable at all times a deep concealment and an O.C. and by far the concealment firearm gets more hip time than the O.C.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Winter time: One on the hip, one on the ankle, two in the car.
    Shorts season: One on the hip (or pocket), two in the car.

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    Is there a limit on how many guns I can carry at one time? I normally carry a Taurus PT145 and an S&W 357 mag. My wife thinks it's overkill.

One thing I have learned over the years, is I rarely need my gun, and I always need my wifes advice.

On the other hand, I have no idea if the smith you speak of is a J frame or a huge honkin N frame.

I would not think a J frame in the pocket + a hip gun is a big deal.

But thats just me. Most days, its just the J frame on my hip anyhow.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is there a limit on how many guns I can carry at one time? I normally carry a Taurus PT145 and an S&W 357 mag. My wife thinks it's overkill.

Tell her that you agree a woman should only wear one piece of jewelry at a time so it will lessen the likelihood of you needing your guns.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Since you bring it up, I remember years ago (I can't stop LOL as I am writing this) I tried to see how many guns I could strap on at once just for fun. Had a gun on the ankle, two .44's in old west style quick draw holsters, .380 in a belt holster, something in the back IWB, .45 in a shoulder holster and a rifle over the other shoulder. That's all I can remember. I remember it was hard walk but man it was fun.

troy2198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Valparaiso
    LoL I played around with how many i could carry too while I was in Iraq. I managed to get 2 glocks in the waistband, 1 m9 in my chest (molly serpa) holster, 2 ak's, at4 strapped to my back as well as my m4/203, a frag in the cargo pocket, and then somehow a 50 m2 on the shoulder. Granted it didn't last more than a few minutes but it was still fun.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I carry between 1 and 3 depending on the weather. plus the random ones stashed around work, and home, and the car. I dont beleive in overkill

Top Bottom