• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Actually the occupied territories don't belong to Israel. And this whole conflict has less to do with religion than it does ethnicity. And I don't know if you're aware of this, but the Israelis are committing apartheid. Look what happened at Deir Yassin. They rounded up an entire Palestinian village, murdered them, and stuffed the bodies into a well before the U.N. could get there. I'm not saying the Arab countries aren't at fault, I'm just saying Israel is as much to blame as anyone for the conflict.
    In 1947 the UN voted to give the Jews their own state and the Palestinians their own but the Arabs refused which started a civil war. The Arabs lost the war and on May 14th 1948 the Israelis declared independence.

The Palestinians were given a country and their land just as Israel was in 1948 but refused to the peaceful agreement that gave them both their own lands. Then the Arab armies of several other countries attacked Israel which resulted in the loss of almost 80% of palestine lands to the Israelis. If the Arabs would just let the Israelis live in peace then both the Palestinians and the surrounding countries would still have all their land instead of having to lose parcels after each time they attack Israel. Finally, how much land has Israel given back throughout the years of war?
    Look at Egypt if you want to see how big a country is compared to how small it could be if Israel wasn't willing to give up land for peace.

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    I'm actually taking a class on this very subject this semester, very interesting. I think I'll go with the information I'm given by a professor who has a PhD in Jewish studies and who's job it is to understand the history and current issues of this subject rather than accept everything the biased American media gives us (or anybody on this forum for that matter). Just realize that if we were Israelis, we'd probably want to kill every Palestinian we could. And if we were Palestinians, we'd want to kill Israelis. Both sides are equally to blame for this whole mess. Just try to understand both sides of the issue.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    You are right..the Jews already had it.

If you want to get technical then..Yes it was the UN's to give as the British controlled it.

The Jews were a minority population, as was already explained, and undoing imperial control reverts the land back to the control of the native population, the Palestinians.

They don't call it the "Palestinian Liberation Organization" for nothing. Go look at a map of the 30's to see what that land is called.

You're Irish, and you still don't understand to whom land belongs under imperial oppression and occupation?

26_6_1_bumper_sticker-p128507264056565028trl0_400.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, I would depend on whatever a professor in one of our left wing Universities would tell me over actually researching and studying the subject.

And as far as whether the UN or the English had the ability to give the land to a Jewish homeland, it doesn't matter. God gave it to them.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Yeah, I would depend on whatever a professor in one of our left wing Universities would tell me over actually researching and studying the subject.

And as far as whether the UN or the English had the ability to give the land to a Jewish homeland, it doesn't matter. God gave it to them.

Correct. Ba'al gave the land to the Philistines, from which the name of the land, Palestine, comes. When the Jews ran afoul of Ba'al, they were dispersed and driven from the land for over 2,500 years.

Now, can we please quit with the references to imaginary friends?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm actually taking a class on this very subject this semester, very interesting. I think I'll go with the information I'm given by a professor who has a PhD in Jewish studies and who's job it is to understand the history and current issues of this subject rather than accept everything the biased American media gives us (or anybody on this forum for that matter). Just realize that if we were Israelis, we'd probably want to kill every Palestinian we could. And if we were Palestinians, we'd want to kill Israelis. Both sides are equally to blame for this whole mess. Just try to understand both sides of the issue.

I had a couple classes at BSU that we covered this subject as well as on my own as I am a history person and I completely agree that both sides see it as they are the oppressed and not the aggressor.

Smoking357, by your definition we should have given back Texas a long time ago, correct? The PLO was formed to take back the Jewish lands which they had lost but was also supposed to be a "peaceful" organization that did not blow up schools and children. If you look at the original map that was created after the UN mandate then you will see Israel was a very small parcel of land which grew from Palestinian land after they attacked Israel.

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    Expat, what's your degree in ? FYI taking classes on something is studying it.

And if we're bringing religion into this, the most religious of Jews (acculturated Jews) hate Israel. They believe it is not a man's job, rather God's, to gather his people in the area that is now Israel.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Israel will mow down Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan in the future. Their Air Force will rain down more tonnage of explosives this world has ever seen...the place is called 'Megiddo' where the seen will take place. I am living a life that will steer me clear of being on this earth when that happens... the US will be mowed over then as well--- if it's even called the US by then...

:+1: Damn straight.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Correct. Ba'al gave the land to the Philistines, from which the name of the land, Palestine, comes. When the Jews ran afoul of Ba'al, they were dispersed and driven from the land for over 2,500 years.

Now, can we please quit with the references to imaginary friends?

Just because you can't imagine something doesn't mean it's not real. :noway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

And if we're bringing religion into this, the most religious of Jews (acculturated Jews) hate Israel. They believe it is not a man's job, rather God's, to gather his people in the area that is now Israel.

Ahhh... you are studying it.

Yet, you've failed to mention the part the Palestinians played in the Holocaust in WW2 when they allied themselves with Hitler. You've failed to mention that the Palestinians have been given their own land and country, several times, and instead of choosing to live in peace they continue with their goal of exterminating Jews. You fail to mention that when a Palestinian government DID try to live in peace with the Jews, other Palestinians attacked them, killed them, and then started killing Jews again.

Studying means more than just reading the material that supports your point of view. I think, if you wish to truly be able to claim to study the issue, you may need to expand your study material a little past the borders of Stormfront.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

Keep in mind that just because you are being taught something in a classroom does not mean that it is factual. Universities, Colleges, indidividual departments and professors all have their own agendas. Don't be so quick to be indoctrinated by the views of one person. Think for yourself and not for your professor's approval. You will get a lot more out of your education if you approach it that way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Finance/Economics with enough credits to get a minor in Poli Sci if they had such a thing that far back. Why? I remember one of my Profs at that time was a former CIA field agent teaching on the Cold War. I bet they wouldn't let him within a mile of the campus these days.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Don't you have a class to go to? :rolleyes:

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    Expat: Since you are an educated person, your opinion is more valuable

Joe Williams, Eddie: Everything you've said is correct, thank you for being rational. It's a class taught out of the Honors College, which means it deals with both sides of the issue and allows people to form their own opinions. I'm not pro-Palestinian by any means, I'm just aware that most information Americans get is very biased towards Israel. BOTH sides are at fault. An Israeli PM (Rabin) was actually shot for cooperating.

Robert Richardson: You don't know my schedule, I'm done for the day

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Expat: Since you are an educated person, your opinion is more valuable

Joe Williams, Eddie: Everything you've said is correct, thank you for being rational. It's a class taught out of the Honors College, which means it deals with both sides of the issue and allows people to form their own opinions. I'm not pro-Palestinian by any means, I'm just aware that most information Americans get is very biased towards Israel. BOTH sides are at fault. An Israeli PM (Rabin) was actually shot for cooperating.

Robert Richardson: You don't know my schedule, I'm done for the day
    So now that you have "educated" the "uneducated" on this site you can go take your afternoon nap now.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom