• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am resisting the urge to buy a Glock 42 because I am a 9mm guy and don't want to get into a new caliber. My question is how long do INGOers think it will take Glock to make a Glock 42 size pistol in 9mm? Will it not be until 2015 SHOT Show? Or sooner? When has Glock typically released new models?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of the guys at a LGS said he measured the frame of the G42 and found it will not support 9mm due to how tight it is inside. If that's true, I wonder if there will be a 9mm version built. Glock is all about using the same frame for multiple calibers and guns, so it is not like them to build a new frame and mag design just to fit the 9mm. But, then again, if they built a .380 only frame, maybe they will do something along the lines of a single stack G26.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'm sure they would venture into a pocket single stack 9. The 380 is the most popular pocket carry, with 9 close behind.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    my guess will be either later this year or shot show next year , they need to sell a butt load before the 9mm makes it to the shelves

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Has glock indicated they would build a single stack 9? Seems to me they have already decided what they think a small 9mm should be with the g26. Im not sure they could build a tiny 9mm without compromising some of the durability they are known for. I personally like the kahr pm9, but I dont think it would take the abuse that a larger glock could.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd say you'll see a 9mm glock 42 about the same time you see a glock carbine.

Perhaps that answers the question as well as it can be answered, lol.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When has Glock typically released new models?
    :laugh:

Is there a blue moon out? Glock has typically been very slow on releasing new models, so I'm not sure anyone could predict from past history.

That said with the introduction of US manufactured pistols and 2 new models out now, they may surprise us and launch one soon.

My bet would be no sooner than next SHOT show. I'd certainly be interested in a 9mm version.

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    Glock's plastic-clad mags make it hard to compete with already-marketed single stacks when width is what is cared about. And I've also heard someone report measuring the 42 and a 9mm not fitting. After viewing a magwell shot of a 42 next to a Shield, I'm inclined to believe it.

Top Bottom