• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'd bet that would be a snappy 9 if they kept it as light and as small as possible. Online overlays and specs are deceiving. It is a very small & lightweight pistol compared to a Shield.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Don't hold your breath..
    As earlier poster said, the width of the grip will not accept a 9mm. Seems like they don't really pay attention to their customer base.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    The 42 is 12 oz. Nice, but i'll stick with the 26 for a sub-compact 9. I've had single stack 9's and they were fine., but I really like the 26.
    That said, wife wants the 42 because of the reviews of light recoil and and it's bigger than 22 cal. She likes the 26, but it's too heavy for her. I'll probably get it for her. It points really well and fits my ft hands nicely. If it could come out as a 42-22 Mag, I'll probably get one for myself.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Saw the 42 in person today and it was surprisingly small, would have made a great 9mm, but it's a large 380 for sure. Best looking Glock I've ever seen, but in 380 it's not for me.

Indyelmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    I have a G26 that's my EDC and I have a Taurus 22 , I like the the G42 as a new backup gun for ankle of pocket carry !!!

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    After some thought, I wouldn't purchase this gun in 9mm. It would be too snappy. I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting it further away than a few yards at a rapid rate of fire. I'm sure that's why Glock made it in .380, the recoil. I used to think the lightest thinnest gun was the best, after some experience, I found this to not be the case. I would prefer something more balanced.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'd bet that would be a snappy 9 if they kept it as light and as small as possible. Online overlays and specs are deceiving. It is a very small & lightweight pistol compared to a Shield.

This - While it looks appealing in 9mm I'd venture to say shooting it would be a different story.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    First off I think Glock made the pistol that the market needs and not what the guys on gun forums want. A small, light recoil pistol with usable sights are just the ticket. Second I am not interested in a G42-9mm. What I would like to see is a slim, single stack G19 sized gun for IWB carry. Third I hope they make a 9mm available soon so that I can buy a used G42 from somebody rushing to get the new model.

Top Bottom