How I spent my Friday night... PSA Build!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    that irked me, also. "price as configured", doesn't actually mean that.

Yeah, it seems to change as you choose different options. But its not as Pictured. They're very sneaky and I think that might **** some people off :noway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I got home on Thursday only to find the dreaded sticky that UPS had come and gone, so that meant I had to wait until Friday for my PSA lower build kit to get here. Anyhoo, yesterday my wife called me just to tell me that the UPS guy just left and my parts where in! (She knew how excited I was about this so big +1 to her haha)

I have been doing my research and reading online for about the past year. I don't know how many times in the last week I have watched build videos on youtube just to familiarize myself with the parts.

After only about an hour (and I'm not counting to hour it took me to find the buffer retainer after it went flying, but that's another story haha), I had this puppy whipped out. Went together rather smoothly I'd say given this was my first time ever building a lower.

Here she is:

PhotoJan21121656AM.jpg

PhotoJan21102647AM.jpg

PhotoJan21122007AM.jpg

:rockwoot::D:)::) :ingo::patriot: :ar15:

I feel like a proud papa. All I know is that I am hooked and I cannot wait to order my upper. I definitely want a midlength upper with MOE handgaurds to match the rest of my furniture. Can't wait to order again with PSA. Still trying to decide whether I want 16" or 14.7".

Even with only one build under my belt, I feel totally comfortable in my ability and see myself doing this again, and again, and again, and again... Maybe a pistol/sbr? I'm looking forward for PSA's next $49 lower sale!

:rockwoot: Looks good!! :yesway: Congrats!

I see YouTube in the background :D Used that a time or two myself! Very helpful

I hate that damn "we missed you" sticky note too!!!!!:xmad: I always seem to get it when it is something I am really excited to get :(

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Ehh...the mock dissipator rifle kit went up like $.96 since the addition of options on the site. Not really anything to give a -1 over.

When you add all the MOE Furniture and the Bolt Carrier it goes up by at least $100

its just deceiving how they have it listed and worded.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No it doesn't. The price of the mock dissipator before the site change was $649.99 when on sale and $699.99 when it wasn't on sale. With the rifle kit and the MOE furniture, the mock dissipator goes up $.96.

I'll give you that it is deceiving how it is listed and worded but the price barely went up. I'm guessing they had people wanting the options for any furniture on all the complete uppers or rifle kits and the site change made that easier to do. The price as configured (with options) would be better at the bottom of the listing so you see how it adds up when you pick different things but if you (generic you) have issues with it and can articulate a better method, I'm sure they'd be willing to listen.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I was looking at that one earlier today. I'm leaning that way although I was thinking about a 14.7" with the A2 flash suppressor would be a nice size.

I thought of going that route also, but decided I would prefer the option of being able to change things around if I wanted too sometime in the future. Still may go that way for the wife's rifle, in the carbine length gas system of course.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    For the PSA hopefuls in this thread: go check out PSA's website. It appears they recently adjusted their prices downward about $20 on rifle kits, and uppers.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I got home on Thursday only to find the dreaded sticky that UPS had come and gone, so that meant I had to wait until Friday for my PSA lower build kit to get here. Anyhoo, yesterday my wife called me just to tell me that the UPS guy just left and my parts where in! (She knew how excited I was about this so big +1 to her haha)

I have been doing my research and reading online for about the past year. I don't know how many times in the last week I have watched build videos on youtube just to familiarize myself with the parts.

After only about an hour (and I'm not counting to hour it took me to find the buffer retainer after it went flying, but that's another story haha), I had this puppy whipped out. Went together rather smoothly I'd say given this was my first time ever building a lower.

Here she is:

PhotoJan21121656AM.jpg

PhotoJan21102647AM.jpg

PhotoJan21122007AM.jpg

:rockwoot::D:)::) :ingo::patriot: :ar15:

I feel like a proud papa. All I know is that I am hooked and I cannot wait to order my upper. I definitely want a midlength upper with MOE handgaurds to match the rest of my furniture. Can't wait to order again with PSA. Still trying to decide whether I want 16" or 14.7".

Even with only one build under my belt, I feel totally comfortable in my ability and see myself doing this again, and again, and again, and again... Maybe a pistol/sbr? I'm looking forward for PSA's next $49 lower sale!

It is addicting isn't it?

Nice job!

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    It appears they recently adjusted their prices downward about $20 on rifle kits, and uppers.

Is it just me or do the prices seem the same? I've been refreshing my browser all morning and they seem to be the same since they changed their website.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Is it just me or do the prices seem the same? I've been refreshing my browser all morning and they seem to be the same since they changed their website.

The mock dissipator rifle kit is down about $20 from when the site changed and is $9 (with the MOE furniture) less than the pre-change price. I haven't looked at very many of the other kits but that one is down a little for sure. When I'm ready to order mine, it might make me add the FDE MBUS (unless there is a reason to avoid them).

Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I have all the parts for my lower, just need to assemble. I am gonna get a few of the specialized tools that Brownells sells first. I know it wont be my last build so I am happy to invest in the tools.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Cerberus.... I've been looking at the same kit!! Also looking at the (16" Mid-length, med. profile, CMV, Chrome-lined, MP Rifle Kit). TRYING to figure out the differences. Can't tell if it's just a difference in barrel profile or if I'm missing something else.

The only difference between the two is one has the barrel inspected to milspec and the other has the lapped barrel. The MP barrel kit was out of stock when I ordered mine, but I am in no way unhappy with the accuracy of the one I got. Nice tight cloverleaf groups.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nice work it looks nice. I checked the UPS tracking number with luck I will be building a PSA lower tomorrow night. Hope mine looks as nice as yours.

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Nice work it looks nice. I checked the UPS tracking number with luck I will be building a PSA lower tomorrow night. Hope mine looks as nice as yours.

For my first build, it went together much smoother than I predicted it would. The hardest part was searching for the buffer retainer that shot out one time. Who would have though to look behind the flat screen wall mount? Yeah definitely not this guy. :ugh:

Top Bottom