• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Some of the threads talk about uprising that will lead to hardship. I tend to believe that we have another threat. That is invasion from a foreign power. If the dollar crashes and we have civil unrest would that not be an opportunity for our enemies like Russia or China to move in? there are countries if the situation is right would consider invading.
    Very unlikely. While they remain our enemies in the sense that their ideals are different, our government along with theirs want the same thing. Total control and power over people, to enslave the masses. This is something that they will have to collaborate their efforts on. For this reason, we must eliminate the UN.
    I dont doubt your anology (How ever you spell it) I hear the same story daily. Just curious how just changing to Amero would solve or change any thing. They gonna wipe out all debt, and start over? I'm not argueing just like to hear what you think will take place. I paid of the house a couple years ago, and figured they'll wipe out all debt and start over, Thats just the way my luck goes.LOL
    I'm not certain that the Amero would really change anything from our view. I am certain that the promise of a strong economy after a period of hardship would however convince the masses to go along with the idea what ever way they present it. Also consider that along with the Amero comes the total elimination of sovereignty through the creation of the NAU(North American Union). This means no more COTUS, no more BOR, no more USA. It lends credence to George W Bushs' statement, something to the effect of I don't care what the constitution says it's just a piece of paper.....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's a lot of good analysis written on the ChrisMartenson.com website regarding manipulation of bond sales. If I recall, there was evidence that pointed to the US and Britian buying each others bonds when nobody else would, then trading the debt to mask a possible failed bond sale.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    It's hard tellin' when the SHTF, but I am a betting man and I bet the UN get involved and the powers that be in Washington claim marshal law from riots, looting general collapse of sheeple and then they will start disarming people saying you have to go to a FEMA camp to be "SAFE" I believe the sheeple will run into the meat grinder instead of run from it. Hey if it say U.S. gov. on it we are safe!.... Right...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Some of the threads talk about uprising that will lead to hardship. I tend to believe that we have another threat. That is invasion from a foreign power. If the dollar crashes and we have civil unrest would that not be an opportunity for our enemies like Russia or China to move in? there are countries if the situation is right would consider invading.

Hell, the Mexicans already have!

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    If no one is purchasing the US debt, what will we see?

I think the government is going to require mutual funds, 401k's, and IRAs to buy the U.S. Treasuries, at least to some extent. I.e., they will say that, if you want the tax break for investing in a 401k, at least part of it must be in USTs.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sunk Cost

To All,

China is going to continue to buy US Bonds for quite some time as it deals with the problem of "sunk cost" error. Sunk cost is the mindset businesses get into when they attempt to continue to support a bad idea. Example: company decides to build "widgets" and spends $2 million in startup costs. Widget sales go nowhere. Company spends $1 million in advertising. Widget sales improve slightly but still at a loss. One of the many board directors says, "we should just shut this thing down, we're loosing money." To which the rest of the board says, "What! We have sunk $3 million in these already. I don't want to LOOSE $3 million! Send in R&D and redesign the widget. Maybe it doesn't look appealing." R&D will cost another $1 million. And when that doesn't work? Well, who wants to loose $4 Million???

This is also known as the Concord effect. European countries didn't want to admit the Concord was loosing millions, so keep supporting it. Someone finally had to turn off the money faucet, but after how long?

China cannot watch us fail. They have billions of dollars invested in USA. You think they just want to write it off? Loose their investment? I don't think so.

Eventually China will realize they are investing in a loosing horse, but the real question is: How long will this take?

Also, China & the USA really are tied at the hip. If we fall, they fall. If they fall, we fall. Right now and for the foreseeable future we NEED each other to survive. So even IF they pull out of the sunk cost mentality they will see the need to keep us afloat because they don't want to sink.

Think of this too: IF China wants to shaft us and sell off all of their US bonds, who do you think they are going to sell $1 Trillion in US bonds to, Estonia? France? Argentina? Australia? South Africa? Japan? There is NO ONE who can afford to buy our bonds from China. They would literally have to just burn them. If they did that we would improve as our debt would be wiped away.j

Consider what would happen if China and the USA cut trade entirely. Walmart would go out of business in a matter of monthes. How many thousands of unemployed would hit the streets? And if that is bad how many thousands of unemployed Chinese would hit the streets? Neither side wants this.

It is going to take years for our economies to fail, if for no other reason than no single politician anywhere on Earth wants to be in power when it does. That poor soul will be blamed by everyone for bringing down the world economy.

Regards,

Doug

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    To the OP:

I think we would see the federal reserve run out of paper trying to make enough money to cover it. They would eventually realize the ****storm they are in for and would try to buy time no matter the consequences. Its not hard to piece together what may happen after that.

Edit: Or they would do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Go about their business and act like the problem isn't there. I see this being the most realistic course of action.

Thats where we're at right now. I agree with ya.

Top Bottom