• ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    "Fletch" because of your screen name, I kept waiting for the "other shoe to fall" - so to speak. However, your posts in this thread are thoughtful, appropriate and on target.

Rep to you!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    A deployment...

Someone with an addiction would be detrimental to the mission. I was under the impression that the military took things like alcoholism and drug addiction seriously as threats to operational security. Sex addiction would be no less a threat.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Someone with an addiction would be detrimental to the mission. I was under the impression that the military took things like alcoholism and drug addiction seriously as threats to operational security. Sex addiction would be no less a threat.

Yup they do. You can't have any of either on a deployment...;)

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    There is no such thing as sexual addiction.

I guess it depends on how you define 'addiction.'

Folks who look at this question from a purely biochemical standpoint tend to agree with you. They'll say there's no such thing as a biochemical dependence on behavioral problems like gambling, illicit sex, food, shopping, etc., and they're probably right.

Personally I don't think that the biochemical model tells the whole story. Maybe you don't want to call it 'addiction.' If not, what word do you propose for a behavior pattern that includes the following:
    1) repeating pattern
    2) escalating trend
    3) negative consequences in relationships, finances, work, friendships, etc...
    4) failure to stop the behavior despite multiple efforts to stop
    5) behavior that is used as a retreat from reality; a way to deal with stressors without addressing the real problems
    6) generally responsive to 12-step recovery approach if the individual is committed to change

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I guess it depends on how you define 'addiction.'

Folks who look at this question from a purely biochemical standpoint tend to agree with you. They'll say there's no such thing as a biochemical dependence on behavioral problems like gambling, illicit sex, food, shopping, etc., and they're probably right.

Personally I don't think that the biochemical model tells the whole story. Maybe you don't want to call it 'addiction.' If not, what word do you propose for a behavior pattern that includes the following:
    1) repeating pattern
    2) escalating trend
    3) negative consequences in relationships, finances, work, friendships, etc...
    4) failure to stop the behavior despite multiple efforts to stop
    5) behavior that is used as a retreat from reality; a way to deal with stressors without addressing the real problems
    6) generally responsive to 12-step recovery approach if the individual is committed to change

How about we call them dumba$$es... :D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    With all the Tiger Woods talk, I was wondering about this. How do they treat sex addiction? I don't understand. Do they strap you in a chair, pants off, and attach electrodes to your ying yang? And then show you pictures of hoo haas and jugs and melons? And if you get excited, do they shock the crap outta you? I don't get it. Can anyone chime in?

I hope this wasn't too explicit for the mods. I don't know if ying yang, and hoo haas are bad words or not...

Lock you in a room with a life-size cut-out of Michelle Obama. :laugh:

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Cure for sex addition...

printcraft's avatar!

image.php

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    whats wrong with sex addiction :dunno:

Well, a good healthy sex life is perfectly normal. But, when it begins to rule your every thought and

Hey, Cathy is giving me that look. Either she's got gas, or wants some... I'm sure she wants to get rowdy....

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Well, a good healthy sex life is perfectly normal. But, when it begins to rule your every thought and

Hey, Cathy is giving me that look. Either she's got gas, or wants some... I'm sure she wants to get rowdy....
    did you say something? Sorry I was thinking about sex

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    you can find a "psychologist" to call anything an "illness". first, it justifies their existence... Come back if your treatment isn't working.. (hahahah)

You say that like it's a bad thing. Mental health professionals need to raise the cash to buy 1911s, boats, and Harley-Davidson motorcycles too. Just sayin' :whistle:

Top Bottom