• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I learned to drink coffee about a year ago. Started grinding beans with a Clever and a French press, then got a Bunn MyCafe that can do K-cups, pods, and ground beans. Been using the cups since. For just 8-10oz it is just too easy. Caribou and Dunkin are my favorites, but now I have Donut Shoppe and Tim Horton's on hand. I add 1/2 tsp sugar these days.

I can't stand it when the coffee gets too cold. I like Starbucks blonde and McDonalds coffee (2 sugars). Haven't bought those since spring.

Last edited:

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Yes I am a coffee snob. I have a Solis 5000 super espresso machine and use Italian Lavaza cafe creme beans that I buy on-line (same cost as Starbucks beans). The machine automatically grinds the beans and brews the Joe one cup at a time. :rockwoot:

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    Keurig for quick cup on the way out in the morning. French press with ground whole bean on the weekends when have more time to brew up a few cups. Almost never buy a cup of coffee...don't do Starbucks, etc. Maybe Dunkin Donuts if I need a mid morning pick-me-up at work.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I roast and grind my own. Tried a few different presses and pour overs and still prefer my years old Mr Coffee drip machine. I grind a bit coarser for the drip machine and to keep from excessive teeth stain. :abused:
    Just the coffee, fairly strong.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    WoW! That's a lot of work for a cuppa, and too many choices for me.

But, to each their own!

Honestly, it's not really that much work, and when I taste it I know why I bothered.

I wouldn't mind a Behmor 1600 home roaster to make the that part a little less of a hassle.

Never heard of these methods of roasting/brewing, by you're right, roasting and grinding takes more time but it's better than the mass produced garbage most of these people drink.

I don't know if I'd call it garbage, but there is definitely a noticeable quality difference. I certainly can't fault anyone for dumping a few scoops of Maxwell House into a $10 Mr. Coffee drip machine just to get their caffeine fix.

I hereby request the thread title be changed to: "The Official INGO Coffee Snob Thread." You people and your fancy machines...

You can make amazing coffee with some decent beans, a <$100 grinder, and a $20 Clever Coffee Dripper. There's no need to go overboard on gear. A grinder really is necessary to make good coffee though, so maybe that qualifies me as a snob. :dunno:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I was a barista for 3 years so I kind of spoiled myself. Usually I drink a dry cappuccino, but other than that, I just do black coffee. I prefer Asian and African beans if I just going to do a drip coffee.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I feel like I just asked if anyone carries a Hi-Point pistol on a Glock snob forum. :faint:

:lmfao:

I remember when folgers came out with the single serve "coffee" tea bag things, made with fresh ground coffee, come to find out out it was 90% instant coffee and 10% pencil shavings, or whatever. Uggh. Instant coffee has improved over the years but still doesn't pass for coffee.

I use a drip machine, and usually a french or columbian roast Maxwell house. My wife wants to get a kureg (sp?) but I won't let her, it has that funky instant coffee bite to it, and it is just too expensive.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I use a Cuisinart that grinds & brews. It's also my alarm clock.
    Eight O'clock columbian
    Very large cup with half & half & splenda.
    Just bought some pumpkin flavored whole bean. Yummy.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I used to like the Kenyan coffees until recent times when the exporters there have been caught cutting the Kenyan with Kona coffee beans. I am not too fond of blended coffees.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    GET HIM!!!! :xmad:

+ reported!

That's how I usually drink mine, half coffee and half milk.

cafe au lait? Do you heat the milk, or just pour it in cold?

I drink mine either black with sweetener, or with cream/milk. Have to have it sweetened..
    I can't justify the cost of a Keurig when I can make a whole pot of Maxwell House in my drip coffee maker for the same price.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Out of convenience, an auto-drip. NO PAPER FILTERS. (Gold screen).
    Only R.O. water and grind beans each time just before brewing.

Now when I have time, my preferred methods are (in order of favorites):
    • Vacuum pot
    • French Press

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    BLACK & BITTER. Its how I like all my women. :lmfao:

With a double shot of Whisky - Just like I like my women, Hot and full of booze.

I hope no one beat me to that one.

Just kidding, My lovely wife also sets it up the night before and its ready when we walk into the kitchen. She uses beans from Sams Club (maroon bag, I don't know what blend), grinds each batch, and runs them thru a new coffee machine (the one we got when we got married just died this summer after 24yrs). She drinks it black. I have to add creamer; or on the weekends Baileys or Rum Chata. I have loved the SMELL of coffee since I was a kid but never drank it until I got into the Army. Hated the taste of it (black) then and still do.

Top Bottom