• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    1 cup of grounds(whatever is around), lovingly placed inside a green wool sock, tied tightly at the top, then placed in an aluminum pan or pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Viola! Pour into canteen cup, burn fingers, sip, burn lips. ahhhh. Now im awake! It's all good.....Semper Fi!!

Last edited:

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    Never heard of these methods of roasting/brewing, by you're right, roasting and grinding takes more time but it's better than the mass produced garbage most of these people drink.

Que Pulp Fiction quote:
    "I don't need you to tell me how f****** good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys S***. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it."

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    How you make it (I've tried lots of ways) makes little difference if you start out with crappy coffee.

Good coffee can be brewed about any way and still be good (although the character of the brew varies a bit by method).

Crappy coffee is crappy coffee regardless of how it's brewed.

I've been using a Bunn Phase Brew coffee maker since Dec. last year because of the even/consistent brew, and the fact that it requires about 30% less coffee to make the same strength batch as typical drip brewers.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    50 % coffee (quality is irrelevent), 50 % cream/milk/lightener, 50% sugar or carmel-toffee flavoring, in at 24 oz cup. Quantity over quality is my guideline. !

Prefer Pepsi over coffee 90% of the time.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I quit drinking the stuff. Got sick of the horrible headaches that I would get if I slept in past my normal coffee drinkin time on the weekends. Prior to that, Dunkin Doughnuts original blend straight from the Black and Decker dripper.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Cup at a time. Sometimes I use the K-cup things for my Keurig, sometimes I decide I want something I can't get in a K-cup so I use the adapter (which I've been doing recently). Rarely do I do any creamer. Usually just a couple teaspoons of sugar.

That reminds me. I need a cup of coffee :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A little bit of black coffee into the Thermos, topped off with whiskey and I'm ready to start the day. Same way my grandpa started the day. Learned it from his grandpa when he was only 8.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I hereby request the thread title be changed to: "The Official INGO Coffee Snob Thread." You people and your fancy machines...

I'm no snob. Just a "name dropper". My old percolator is a Toast Master and must be 40 years old or more. Beat up, oxidized, scratched, and rattles pretty bad. BUT...It makes MY coffee just the way I'm used to it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    keurig. caribou coffee all the way. its inconvenient for me to make a whole pot just for myself when i'm going to toss one cup down my neck as i'm sprinting out the door.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I feel so underclass. I drink Chase and Sanborn regular coffee that is the cheapest at Menards run through the plain jane "Mr. Coffee". We like it black. I do use a new coffee filter every time, a fellow has to have a little class....

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I use a Bunn Series 10 Pourover Commercial Drip coffee maker. (We went through four household Bunn's before getting the Commercial model.)
    1.25 cups of fresh ground 100% Columbian coffee.
    I put the coffee in an insulated carafe to keep it from scorching on the "burner".
    Makers Mark Fair Trade has always given me a strong but smooth brew but Some of the Peaberry bean coffee from Trader Joe's is also very good.
    I've been experimenting with Tanzanian, Sumatran, Costa Rican, Brazilian, Puerto Rican, and Ethiopian, and all have given good results.

When our Puerto Rican relatives visit I double the amount of coffee and serve it with 1/2 coffee and 1/2 heavy cream. (That's the way they drink it at home)

Restaurant coffee tastes like dirty dishwater to me.
    Yup!!!
    I'm a coffee snob....:)

Top Bottom