• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I just wanted to say thank you to all that responded to this thread. I just got my Kentucky carry permit today and you guys have prepared me for that inevitable question. Lots of really good answers. Thanks!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sorry I'm just a dumb cop, but I don't know what the hell your talking about. The intent of my post was to say when I'm off duty I'm almost always carrying. Thats it. Sorry if I cornfuzed ya. :rolleyes:

I think he was implying that the .1% of the time your not carrying you are to use the euphemism of another thread "cuddling" with your wife/gf/so etc. And that under 8 minutes a week is not enough and you either need to cuddle more or to check your math.

Or you could introduce her to me :cool: :popcorn:

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    I think he was implying that the .1% of the time your not carrying you are to use the euphemism of another thread "cuddling" with your wife/gf/so etc. And that under 8 minutes a week is not enough and you either need to cuddle more or to check your math.

Some prefer to carry while "cuddling".
    Great oppurtunity for the ankle holster :D

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

WHOOPS, LMAO. I told you I was just a dumb cop :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    ...because I can.
    ...because I want to.

As a side note...I'm getting a huge ration of crap from many members about guns and carrying at a private message board for...get this...US Marines and Navy Corpsman(many of them combat vets)!

I know...I don't get it either. Can anybody here help me understand this?

Basically, I'm called a delusional punk who is compensating for small genitalia by talking about and investing in firearms I will never have any real need for.

I've copied and pasted some of the comments made here...over there.

I'm standing by for a real shellacking there.

:rolleyes:
    zoomie,
    Remember both John Murtha and Jeremiah Wright are ex-Marines (you say there are no ex-Marines, I say except for Murtha and Wright).
    Some Marines aren't all that bright. As a former Marine captain (Iraq vet), I feel it is my responsibility to inform you that you are not a delusional punk and whatnot.
    If you have the ability to defend yourself with a gun and the willingness to do so, it would be stupid to refrain from carrying.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think for both schools of thought it boils down to one or more of three things:

For those that choose to carry:

1) They want too, for whatever the reason
    2) They feel they need too, for whatever the reason
    3) They feel they have too, for whatever the reason

For those that choose not to carry:

1) They don't want too, for whatever reason
    2) They feel they don't need too, for whatever reason
    3) They feel they don't have too, for whatever reason

I don't know if that makes sense to others or not......just a simple man's point of view. It's amazing how much adding or subtracting one word can do to a phrase.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    A gun is my only realistic choice. I am a 5'6", overweight, outta shape walking heart attack...I don't run, wrestle or fist fight and I tend to hurt myself with sharp objects.

RH

Leave the knife at home and only load up with FMJ rounds or wadcutters... you'll be fine.:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'm afraid I still do not quite understand the question.

Beyond the fact that I am able? No idea.

Then again, I do work in a pharmacy, and you'd be amazed by the people who walk in some days. If the boss allowed it, I'd bring my Glock in every day...as would a couple other co-workers.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    This is one I personally would have never thought of... last urine test I took I had to sling my M16 and keep the stall door open...

Back in 1978, these little sweeps were called Operation Golden Flow. (very clever, huh?):rolleyes:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    This is one I personally would have never thought of... last urine test I took I had to sling my M16 and keep the stall door open...

Back in 1978, these little sweeps were called Operation Golden Flow. (very clever, huh?):rolleyes:

ok I'm a moron... I had two "tabs" open on my browser one with this thread and one with the one about the guy who had to empty his pockets for a **** test... guess where I though I was reading and posting??? :ugh::facepalm:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    ok I'm a moron... I had two "tabs" open on my browser one with this thread and one with the one about the guy who had to empty his pockets for a **** test... guess where I though I was reading and posting??? :ugh::facepalm:

It's ok. I read the other thread too, and followed your train of thought.

**** test jokes are always in context.
    :D

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    We should all be prepaired instead of waiting on reasons!

I want to be prepared to protect myself, family, friends, or someone in need. I like having as many options availible as possible. We should all be prepaired instead of waiting on reasons!

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i remember back when i was like 19 i went to a party and a guy there was carrying concealed. he leaned over to pick something up and revealed his piece. i didn't like that feeling of being the only guy in the room without protection. since then, at least the playing field is level. and now with a wife and kids, i really want to protect them.

Top Bottom