• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Do you have any idea where one could find those formal statistics, or maybe what news station you heard that from and about when? I don't doubt you, but would like to read a little more about these types of Indiana statistics. You are right... that's scary as I don't know what.

http://www.in.gov/cji/files/Drug_an...hamphetamine_Abuse_and_Control_in_Indiana.pdf

Methamphetamine - Indiana Drug Threat Assessment Update

Might I add, I live in Vigo county, i see meth heads a lot.

Last edited:

ihunt

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne area
    I carry for protection. The need for survival could present itself at anytime, and I want to know that I am prepared to save my life or my families. I have been in situations where I suspected something might happen, thank god it didn't. I felt prepared to deal with what could have happened. Carrying is a right and responsibility that we must not take lightly.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hi. New here so my apologies if this has already been posted. How about the old standard "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away"?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    My response usually reflects how much I care what the person asking me thinks about the issue. The truth is I bet I haven't been ask that question more that 2 or 3 times in my entire life outside of the internet.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This was the headline in the little town of Rushville's news paper just a few days ago.

http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=110698699

I happened to have reason to just hop in the car and drive there just shortly after that was hitting the grapevine. I was carrying my 45 on my hip and just packed a bag and went. Had the gun on my hip all over town, sometimes with a long sleeve shirt as a light jacket. Around my parents house and visitors who'd never seen me with a gun but knew I was in to hunting and guns and never once had a comment or question about it. Every one knows about every else in town or knows they "aren't from around here" or knows who the cops are and I've NEVER carried a gun openly on my hip in Rushville before.

Funny thing, no one in the family said a word about or ask a question. No one on the street, at Walmart, the gas stations or pharmacy even acted the slightest bit different than always.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I've been thinking about the origianl question. Is there really a reason to justify carrying? Do you need a reason to justify voting, speaking out etc.?

As far as the why are you carrying a gun question. One of my favorite replies is "Why aren't you?".

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I guess I carry because I am a cowboy at heart. As the Boyscout saying goes,
    Be Prepared. You never know what is going to happen...till it does.
    Especially in this economy....sometimes people do things they normally wouldn't do.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I have had far too many pan handlers sneak upon me in dark parking lots. After school, after work, at the theater; its ridiculous.

How long before one of these decide that "NO" isn't good enough?

Top Bottom