• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I carry my Kimber in a IWB Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 in the 3 oclock position. I carry a G26 in a IWB MTAC from Comp-Tac also at the 3 oclock position (sometimes I carry the G26 in a Blackhawk Serpa in the same position). What was said earlier is correct, a good holster with a good belt makes a world of difference. If you can afford it a good holster will cost anywhere from $50 - $100 and will make the difference for concealment and comfort. Good luck to you.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    A well made GUN belt makes all the difference in my opinion. They are expensive but well worth it. I am not talking about a heavy duty Dickies work belt from Walmart either. Spend the money for a good Gun belt.

I've got one of the best (in my opinion). You can see a picture of it in U.S.Patriots pic. Mine was Military issued.

I think my holster (which was give to me as a present) is for OC only. They payed Way to much for it imo. It looks like the ones we used over seas. Maybe I can make one out of duct tape? LOL!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Maybe I can make one out of duct tape? LOL!

Gun_Holster.jpg

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Well my holster fits on the inside of my side if I wear my pants 2 sizes to big. Would probably help too if my gun wasn't so thick. The gun and holster are almost 2 inches wide it looks like.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well my holster fits on the inside of my side if I wear my pants 2 sizes to big. Would probably help too if my gun wasn't so thick. The gun and holster are almost 2 inches wide it looks like.

What gun/holster are you currently using?

Kydex can do wonders at providing secure placement and retention without adding much thickness.

For NO added thickness, you could try a Raven VanGuard (designed by INGO member Shay). It won't help much with secure placement or retention, but it's the thinnest you can go without being holsterless (which I don't recommend).

The Malabar Front

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    What gun/holster are you currently using?

Kydex can do wonders at providing secure placement and retention without adding much thickness.

For NO added thickness, you could try a Raven VanGuard (designed by INGO member Shay). It won't help much with secure placement or retention, but it's the thinnest you can go without being holsterless (which I don't recommend).

The Malabar Front

It's a Highpoint .380 ACP with a Uncle Mike's. I'm not sure which Uncle Mike's it is. I want to say it said it was a 13? I plan on getting a different carry gun after the Holidays.

The Highpoint is only about an inch thick, but the holster has a lot of padding. It's probably a little less than 2 inches honestly.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's a Highpoint .380 ACP

In your case, the gun itself is probably the main reason for the bulk. Switching to a different, slimmer gun would be the first step. The next step would be matching the new gun with a slim holster, and stiff belt.

If you decide to stay with the HP, you will have a difficult time finding a quality holster for it, without going to something entirely custom.

Top Bottom