• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I carry in the Grand Cherokee as I do everywhere else.
    Full size 1911 in a Tagua? holster. it angles a little forward and is easily accessible and not hindered by seatbelt.
    It's also comfortable and I don't notice it being there when driving so I don't have to remove it.
    It doesn't wear on the leather interior or console. It's a good compromise combo for edc.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    usually I leave it in the holster (iwb, 1911 defender, or commander 8 o'clock position) sometimes in the door pocket in the car and sometimes between the seat in the truck. I'm debating on a dedicated weapon for the vehicles but can't decide what to put in there, revolver, auto, sawed off shotty, draco...too many choices

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Where do you keep your carry handgun when driving? I thought this might led to some good positions for comfort and ease of access. I put mine in a holster in the driver's door. I'm left handed, so it is easy access if something may happen while stopped and it is out of sight (I like CC).

Strongside, at the 8 o'clock position. Works well when I am driving, seat belt is a non-issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My friend and I have been having the truck gun discussion lately. He wants a dedicated truck gun that he leaves out there all the time. I prefer to take it in every night. As for carrying, I put it in the center console. Thinking about a permanent holster mount but first I would have to decide on a permanent gun.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    The way I carry depends on the environment I'm in. When I travel along more economically depressed areas it is out for easy & quick grab but secured.

My holster also allows with some mechanical work to position the gun-in-holster in more accesiable maner. When I am seated it will not exactly be pointed down my leg but angled toward the seat making it easier to retrieve seatbelt still being an issue.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom