• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    If I'm going a long distance, or somewhere I can't carry (A school, the courthouse, work) I tuck the holster and pistol (G22) in between the drivers seat and center console. If I'm just out and about with the family I pretty much let it ride where it is... (usually IWB@04:00 or OWB@03:00)

Luckily in my truck there is a nice little ridge that supports the pistol nicely and it rides quite well right there.

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

Oh, and I'll be cleaning out my truck today at lunch.... I can't believe how dirty it is! Pictures have a way of making you see what you overlook on a daily basis I guess.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I can't carry while I'm at work, so I have a dedicated truck gun under the driver's seat in a nano case. When I'm going to/from work and not carrying, I remove my 9mm and place it in one of these.

Universal Vehicle Handgun Holster Mount - Steering Wheel Column Application

Easily accessible with a quick draw if necessary.

Otherwise when I'm not going to/from work I just leave the truck gun in it's case because I always have my EDC on my hip.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Currently the sig stays in the holster at varying between 3-4 and IWB and OWB. Ruger MKII in the rear pocket of the passenger seat when the kids aren't in the car or in the glovebox when they are. But I got a new toy so the MKII will go in the safe and the 357 will play the role of BUG in the car depending on the occasion.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I'm going a long distance, or somewhere I can't carry (A school, the courthouse, work) I tuck the holster and pistol (G22) in between the drivers seat and center console. If I'm just out and about with the family I pretty much let it ride where it is... (usually IWB@04:00 or OWB@03:00)

I hope you never get caught(or are you talking about parking off of school property?).

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    A buddy and I picked up a car seat holster at one of the 1500's that buckles around the bottom the cushion. When driving, it is right in between your legs, and when you need to "hide" it, you can rotate the strap to where the gun is rotated all the way under the seat.

The website is carseatholster.com.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    A buddy and I picked up a car seat holster at one of the 1500's that buckles around the bottom the cushion. When driving, it is right in between your legs, and when you need to "hide" it, you can rotate the strap to where the gun is rotated all the way under the seat.

The website is carseatholster.com.

It has been discussed, well both it and the immensely negative things about it.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I typically keep a Taurus 738 somewhere about my car, in a "Sticky" holster, very similar to the Uncle Mikes pocket holsters.

Generally, when I get in the car, I remove it from the glove box or center console, and set it just under my right thigh, (still in the holster obviously.) Gives me fast access, and I can conceal it by just shifting my leg a bit. Want something more "permanent" eventually, but for now this will do.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I just go ahead and leave it holstered IWB on right hip with the shirt moved out of the way for easy reach. Gets locked up when i get to work, but i go ahead and wear the holster all day.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I use this in my 2000 Ranger. It uses a Fobus Roto holster. It would work in any vehicle, mounts either vertical or horizontal.

Fobus link: Fobus Holster: UNIVERSAL HOME & VEHICLE MOUNT

FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount007.jpg
    FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount004.jpg
    FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount001.jpg
    FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount002.jpg
    Fobusmount.jpg

I have one of these also on my side of the Escape and a SERPA w/ QD on the other side. I also keep at least my select fire SBR in there too with its paperwork of course. Last but not least the one on my hip stays on my hip in its holster. Mine is in a different position though sitting farther back.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I have one of these also on my side of the Escape and a SERPA w/ QD on the other side. I also keep at least my select fire SBR in there too with its paperwork of course. Last but not least the one on my hip stays on my hip in its holster. Mine is in a different position though sitting farther back.

hope no one ever steals your car... by the way what does it look like got any pictures

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I generally leave whatever in my holster on me the same as any other time.

In addition, I generally have a 9 in the driver's door pocket or in the cupholder in the center counsol where it is in easy reach and ready to go.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I tried an old De Santis fanny pack on my last trip to Michigan, side came loose at a pit stop and my enclosed in the holster muzzle end of the GLOCK stuck out. Will go back to the Glock in the front pocket carry next time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom