How do "they" know your web-posting habits?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That particular forum has a section that's only available to members and the admin has made that particular area unsearchable.

OK, gotcha. I was gonna ask about Google domain name searching, but that sounds like it would evade that. What if the searcher joined? What are the requirements for the private area membership?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OK, gotcha. I was gonna ask about Google domain name searching, but that sounds like it would evade that. What if the searcher joined? What are the requirements for the private area membership?
    No requirement other than be a member. You can join up and immediately post in that particular subforum. It's basically anything goes, bash people, curse, no nudity of any kind, but not even the mods can search through there. Only person that can search in that subforum is Admin. And he's never on.

I tried cheese, croissants, women, fries, berets, nothing works.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I tried cheese, croissants, women, fries, berets, nothing works.

Everything works for me.Big time.Oh yeah.:cool:

You're probably just missing a certain je ne sais quoi, maybe your French accent is not quite right just yet, you need more practice. :dunno:

french-accent4.jpg

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Funny story::

My mom, anytime she talks to someone with an accent, tries to adopt their accent. Whether they are Spanish, French, Jamaican, or English. We went to FL one year and she was talking to a lady from England. The lady was asking her where she was from and sounded like she was really convinced that she was English. Then she turned to her husband and told him my mom was a nut.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think INGOs fairly safe from the "Big Brother". :shady:

As long as you don't search certain words together or post on questionable forums, you should be OK.

I was told you shouldn't use keywords like -

Attack
    Hamas
    Dirty Bomb
    Obama Bin Laden
    Ricin

There's many more but I don't want to push my luck just for this post.

Hold on, someones at my doorrffgb ///...

fdnm,jveL
    :"Eoi39393'a3/33
    ttd
    dd ; j
    w
    .......jjb Aaaaaaaaaaajm,
    bb

v
    v

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think INGOs fairly safe from the "Big Brother". :shady:

As long as you don't search certain words together or post on questionable forums, you should be OK.

I was told you shouldn't use keywords like -

Attack
    Hamas
    Dirty Bomb
    Obama Bin Laden
    Ricin

There's many more but I don't want to push my luck just for this post.

Hold on, someones at my doorrffgb ///...

fdnm,jveL
    :"Eoi39393'a3/33
    ttd
    dd ; j
    w
    .......jjb Aaaaaaaaaaajm,
    bb

v
    v

RIP :ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Tell that to George Zimmerman. His computer was not involved in the incident. But they searched it.

Am I the only one that clicked the link? According to the article, based on George Z's web history, "they" :shady: :tinfoil: are now looking into the theory that George barked up the wrong tree looking for some brown sugar... :gheyhi: which may be the reason Trayvon attacked him. This could also be the prosecution grasping at straws to defend an indefensible case against an innocent man.

The nature of the web and computers is such that even the most innocuous of searches results in thumbnails, temp files etc. being saved on one's PC, and it takes extra care/diligence, computer savvy, and software solutions to keep even Granny from looking like a perv... --> she wants to buy clothes for her granddaughter and searches for "little girls dress" and gets results that would keep Pedobear..um..."occupied"
    fappin.gif
    for the next month...

It will be educational/telling to see how the prosecutors spin Zimmerman's computer/internet history to make their case...

:popcorn:

Top Bottom