• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I OC all the time. (except when I have my winter coat on) Have a few problems now and then. Last time was at Cabela's With Turnandshoot4 a month or 2 back when we did an OC lunch at northwoods up north here.

Ive seen a few people OCing, most memorable would be seeing Prometheus's wife Juanita OCing in walmart, giving me the stones to do it myself.

And an older guy, mid 60s to early 70's walking with his cane and wife in (where else?) walmart. He had a Colt 1911 cocked and locked in a nice leather shoulder rig.

I would've love to had seen that older guy with the shoulder rig :draw:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ive seen a few people OCing, most memorable would be seeing Prometheus's wife Juanita OCing in walmart, giving me the stones to do it myself.

My wife got me to finally OC, lol. I had been talking about it and one day as we were headed into the meijer she tucked her shirt in behind it and in she went. She said "I'm tired of hearing you talk about it." or something pretty similar to that. That was about 2, 2 and a half years ago.

I've been OC'ing in NW Indiana a dozen or so times a month since. Never a single issue. My wifes only issue was opening weekend at Cabelas, which was straitened our shortly there after.

I've seen a couple people doing it over the years besides those I know, including at the south lake mall, although I've never OC'ed there... of course I only go in that place once or twice a year and usually in conjuction with a costco trip and costco has a no firearms sign. So obviously I CC. :):

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    We need to wait to get together in Indianapolis until i get my LTCH. Should be another month. I think i will OC for much the reason turtle said, silent protest. I want to OC at work, but...i haven't crossed that bridge yet. Its a small company >100 in clay terrace on merdian in carmel.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I want to OC at work, but...i haven't crossed that bridge yet. Its a small company >100 in clay terrace on merdian in carmel.

Clay Terrace is a Simon Mall. I'm pretty sure you won't be allowed to carry OC there without being either fired or asked to vacate the premises. All Simon Malls are posted "No Firearms".

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I OC most of the time, but also CC as well. Living in Greenwood, I do see people OC occasionally though not as often as I'd like.

ElkhartGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Eklhart
    i will start to OC when it warms up. most of the time during the winter season, i CC just to keep the rain and snow off my gun. I OC even when i ride my motorcycle. people will look at you with fear and wonder if your in a biker gang just because i have a gun showing.. idiots

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When I applied for my LTCH in Elkhart, I was told flat out by the officer at the desk that in Elkhart, CC is it. He advised that I not let it be seen by anyone. So, here, it is always concealed.

Not advising you to make waves if thats not your style but did you ask to see the local ordinance that stated that? Or is that just his opinion?

ElkhartGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Eklhart
    When I applied for my LTCH in Elkhart, I was told flat out by the officer at the desk that in Elkhart, CC is it. He advised that I not let it be seen by anyone. So, here, it is always concealed.

i'd double check that. i too live in elkhart and have very little problems OCing.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I OC occasionally. Usually an XD40 service in a Fobus paddle holster. Sometimes my GP100.
    I OC and CC, mostly OC though. I have seen a 6-8 people OCing that I can remember. The last one (about 6 months ago) was a guy looked to be in his mid to late 20's with a Ruger GP100. It was at either Brownsburg or Avon Wal-mart. Was that anyone here.... anyone..?
    Nope, sorry, not me. Late 20s, check; GP100, check; but usually in South Bend/Mishawaka. Haven't been to Brownsburg.
    When I'm carrying the XD I'm probably mistaken for an off-duty cop.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've seen a couple people doing it over the years besides those I know, including at the south lake mall, although I've never OC'ed there... of course I only go in that place once or twice a year and usually in conjuction with a costco trip and costco has a no firearms sign. So obviously I CC. :):

So is there any rule against carrying in malls (specifically Southlake Mall)? And Costco doesn't allow firearms? Wouldn't it be cool if Costco sold bulk ammo?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So is there any rule against carrying in malls (specifically Southlake Mall)? And Costco doesn't allow firearms? Wouldn't it be cool if Costco sold bulk ammo?
    I live in St. John, I've seen two or three people open carrying there before, and I don't remember seeing anything posted about that. I usually go in through the same entrance though, maybe there's a sign at the others, but I doubt it.

Would be nice :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Simon Malls are posted and you will be asked to leave. That said, I've heard stories that the Simon Mall mallcops prefer you to be legally armed, and tend "not to notice" if you print a CC. They get in trouble themselves if they don't stop you from OC, though. Again, just stories I've heard.

As for Costco, since it's a membership warehouse, you agree to the terms of the membership when you join. I believe they can revoke your membership in addition to asking to to leave.

Top Bottom