• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How are you responding to the 2010 census mailing?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Well, some interesting facts, this census mirrors the 1790 census about what type of questions are asked. Of course we all know that there were no apartments or mobile homes in 1790, but I really didnt think the census questions were intrusive at all. Number of people, ages, DOB, race, basic questions. Nothing that I would think the government would be able to use to come and "Get Me" LOL... The only thing that I wish is that there would have been more selections for race. See, to be politically correct, I like to list my race as German-Irish-American. I do this not because I am from the old country, nor were my parents or grandparents, or even great-grandparents. Buy way back when my fathers family came from Germany, and my mothers family came from Ireland, so technically I am German-Irish-American. Just like the black man, oh wait excuse me, the African-American, would like to be listed as for their race.

Anyway, the census was fine, read the Constitution, and many other Supreme Court of the United States rulings over the years, that the census in it's form is completely Constitutional.

INGunGuy

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I think I screwed up on the origin question because of the way it was worded.
    My wife always thought she was mexican but after figuring it out she was actually more Irish because of her mom being full Irish American. Father was Spanish Mexican and Native American descent.
    after figuring out all the percentages she got mad because I called her a white girl because the percentages break down to... half Irish, quarter mexican, and twelve and a half Native American and twelve and a half Spanish descent.

So is she white or hispanic?
    If it turns out I didn't marry a latina hotty can I sue for false representation? lol

Oh well if they fine or arrest me over confusion so be it. :rolleyes:

She is afraid they are coming to deport her...lol

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So is she white or hispanic?
    If it turns out I didn't marry a latina hotty can I sue for false representation? lol

Oh well if they fine or arrest me over confusion so be it. :rolleyes:

She is afraid they are coming to deport her...lol

Actually depending on what Tribe she may possiblly be able to use Native American... :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If it makes it over here to me in Afghan...

Do I use my Residence in the states, or the one I am currently residing in? Because there is like 50+ of us at this address...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    If it makes it over here to me in Afghan...

Do I use my Residence in the states, or the one I am currently residing in? Because there is like 50+ of us at this address...

Oh, man, PLEASE do that...

"Uh... apparently we've got like, a few thousand people stuck in Afghanistan somewhere."

"Non-military?"

"Ted, damn it, you know full well it doesn't ask whether they're military or not!"

"Just asking."

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I had it sitting on my desk, and my wife got into one of her OCD moods and went through everything and filled it out without talking to me about it.

*shrug*

They've already got my fingerprints, address, SSN, etc. on file, so whatever.

Top Bottom