• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    damn, now i have to buy another Makarov.
    Great video.
    Keep them coming.

I know, this pistol really impressed me. I'm glad to have a couple of them. Heck, I may have to get a holster made for the little guy when I get it back from being refinished and carry the thing!

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Awesome video.

I actually learned how to shoot with my father's .380 Russian Mak. I remember putting about 500 rounds through it camping once without cleaning it and it just laughed. I bet between both of us it has probably seen a couple thousand rounds and I've never seen it misfire.

Next to our Ruger P95 it might be the most reliable gun I've ever seen.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    lets not forget, its also good for this.
    dcapsuleur1.jpg

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    1st handgun I ever bought like 20 years ago . Still have it and have literary shot the crap out of it with no issues ever. Wife actually carries it now . Nice job trying to get it to fail but it just kept on going. I think I.gave $50 bucks for it lol.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    To all Makarov lovers out there. Underwood makes some pretty impressive ammo for your pistols. It is out of stock at the moment,( what isnt right now) but its the only 9x18 +p load i have seen, and its a decent hollow point to boot.

9x18mm (9mm Makarov) +P 95 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 50

Interesting. They say the muzzle velocity on their 95gr ammo is 1150fps. The Brown Bear chronographed out at 1000fps with a 94gr bullets. It seems the 9x18 is pretty much at its peak at around 1000fps.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Awesome video.

I actually learned how to shoot with my father's .380 Russian Mak. I remember putting about 500 rounds through it camping once without cleaning it and it just laughed. I bet between both of us it has probably seen a couple thousand rounds and I've never seen it misfire.

Next to our Ruger P95 it might be the most reliable gun I've ever seen.
    I have two pistols that I carry on a regular basis, P95DC and my Bulgie Mak. Ruger cost me ~$400, Mak $89. I have a nice leather IWB holster for the Mak. I have been asked to sell the Mak many times, for upwards of $300, not gonna happen.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    haha

I kinda like the "urban camo" look to the Bulgie Mak in the vid. :) I have a Sov/Russian, and love it. :) (Would never abuse it like that, but good to know it can take it.)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If - God forbid for you guys and the planet! - I had to take one shot to save Planet Earth from Martians, I would prefer to do it with a DDR Makarov.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I know, this pistol really impressed me. I'm glad to have a couple of them. Heck, I may have to get a holster made for the little guy when I get it back from being refinished and carry the thing!

I have a pretty nice assortment of holsters for mine. My Makarov was my first handgun, and my carry gun for about two years. My dad is waiting on his LTCH, and then he will be carrying, otherwise I would still probably carry it on occasion. Its a pretty small gun with manageable recoil and a round that is powerful enough to get the job done, couple that with the fact that you can take it to the range, shoot 300+ rounds and put it back in the holster and know that it will still fire, it is just about the definition of a great carry gun. I cant really say the same thing about the P22 I carry. The P226 probably works just as well, but it also cost me $1,000 to the Mak's $300.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Interesting. They say the muzzle velocity on their 95gr ammo is 1150fps. The Brown Bear chronographed out at 1000fps with a 94gr bullets. It seems the 9x18 is pretty much at its peak at around 1000fps.

i dont know if you watched the video on the underwood website, but that guy said he was getting 1200fps out of the cz82 polygonal barrel.
    no i cant spell polygonal.
    if thats true, then i would think this makes a very reasonable sd weapon. Alot of people carry 380 cause of the small platform and light recoil. this could be a much better alternative. <--------- spelled that one right, i think.
    This type of come back of old ammo could be the begining of very effective rounds that were once ignored, being brought back into popularity.
    i really hope the 7.62x25 tok is next.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

I usually pocket-carry my S&W 637 when wearing jeans, but go to one of my Makarovs (the one which I've had Parkerized and upon which I've installed East German grips) when wearing pants with larger pockets (or, at least, pockets which have larger openings). I had Robert Mika make a holster for it, and it works great! :yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom